3. Norwegian Star
While I've cruised the Mexican Riviera frequently, it is still attractive due to San Pedro being relatively close to home, the attractiveness of the NCL Star, and the service provided to suite guests. As usual, the weather was excellent. As usual, the port of call where about what I expected. Walking is Mazatlan is fun even though, on this cruise, Carnival was happening and the waterfront was cluttered with beer stands...fortunately I walked there before the festivities had begun. Service for suite guests was excellent. Embarkation wasn't quick but the ship had just returned from cruising the Panama Canal so the clearance process was probably showed by that. Disembarking was an absolute breeze. We were back at LAX before 10 a.m.! Our concierge, Suzana, was her usual pleasant, efficient self. As was Randy R. our butler and Geoffrey our cabin steward. Randy kept us supplied with any requests including plenty of peanut M&M's (which I "want" but don't "need"). Service and food for the morning meal in Moderno and lunch in Cagney's were consistently excellent. We ate at specialty restaurants most evenings (5 out of 8) and they were all very good also. We had a billing issue in Le Bistro which was corrected after I complained but that was the only real glitch in the restaurant area. We were lucky enough to dine with the Staff Captain, Mikkos, who was both charming and interesting. Platinum Plus does have its benefits. That meal was in Aqua where we ate twice. We also had one meal in Versailles. All those experiences were very good to excellent also. The family suite (12010) was roomy enough and comfortable. It was nice to have a good sized balcony--one chaise lounge, two chairs and a small table. The only issues were an inoperative slider lock and apparent rust damage on the balcony. The shows in the theater were entertaining. The thermal suite was very good also. We had to get the temperature reduced on the jacuzzi though--on the first day it was suitable for cooking lobsters but not for soaking people. The new thermal loungers are good and there are two side rooms to hide in when folks are yammering.

Nice cruise in a family suite with balcony on the NCL Star

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Mike D.

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Balcony

Mike D.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin SG 12010
I wrote a separate cabin review. It includes pictures and more detail than I posted above.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins