• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jcnick
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin:

So many choices! Two 20-something sons & I chose this ship primarily due to sailing date & itinerary, but discovered the ship itself was a worthy destination. The onboard entertainment was professional caliber and there was something every day to scratch each of our itches, including several that we all enjoyed together—the comedy club, “Happy Hour—The Musical” had us especially in stitches, “Jersey Boys,” and the Beatles tribute band took me back—they were spot on. There was dancing under the stars every night and felt welcoming to every age (21 & up), shape & size. NCL’s activities director & staff on The Bliss were a fun & lively, attentive group.

I had a balcony room that felt spacious relative to what I’d anticipated, and each of my sons had one of the beautiful single studios. They are in a secure, locked area (with key-card access) with their own lounge—perfect for meeting other solo travelers. I was concerned I was booking them “closets,” but they are efficiently designed to provide space & comfort. I will book one for myself in the future. The “virtual windows” provide a lovely “view”—I don’t feel I would be missing anything.

Embarkation was well organized and ran smoothly, better than my prior experience on another cruise line. From the moment we boarded, plenty of venues were open, so there was no waiting around for luggage. We got right to the fun!

Find a Norwegian Bliss Cruise from $454