3. Serenade of the Seas
Balcony, large with good view. Midship, 9610. This is our first 11 night cruise. It's also the smallest ship we've cruised on. It's also our first time back on Royal Caribbean. The embarkation was surprisingly smooth and fast! RC has improved! Thankfully! Their online presence is improved greatly but still needs work! Ship has Has a small town feel. Fewer people. Less crowds. And less to do. Never much problem finding a seat for anything. My only complaint about RC is their annoying policy of removing reserved chairs. Got up at 6 am to get the seat we wanted. Ate breakfast and came back. No problem. Then it stormed. We left our blankets and went to Next Cruise to reserve our next trip. Came back and all our stuff was moved and a very proud new owner was in our place. Needless to say, I was not happy. Hate this policy especially on such a small ship. Understandably on a larger ship but not this one. The ship is notably dated and slightly dirty but acceptable. It's due for updating for sure. The beds are hard. Yet, I asked for two toppers which helped greatly. I hate RC tube showers. However, the water pressure is great. The gym is good. The thermal suite was not in good repair. I eat a strict keto diet. It was sufficient. Had one specialty dinner and that was amazing. Overall, at 56 and 48 yrs of age, we found we were among the younger guests. Hardly any 18 and younger. Nice cruise. Already booked a bigger ship for next year, same length.

Small just might be better

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Wordzee

Balcony, large with good view. Midship, 9610.

The embarkation was surprisingly smooth and fast! RC has improved! Thankfully!

Their online presence is improved greatly but still needs work!

The beds are hard. Yet, I asked for two toppers which helped greatly.

I hate RC tube showers. However, the water pressure is great.

The gym is good. The thermal suite was not in good repair.

Nice cruise. Already booked a bigger ship for next year, same length.
Wordzee’s Full Rating Summary