3. Sapphire Princess
We chose this cruise for the destinations. We had visited vietnam in 2004 and wanted to see how it had developed. Never visited Thailand and Indonesia. So this cruise was to tick off these destinations. Vietnam was a dissapointment. It was dirty, smoggy and the touts are really in your face. Want to remember it the way it was on our first visit. Bali was a lovely surprise, a beautiful island and lovely people. Phuket I am glad I have seen, but have decided won’t bother to visit again. Loved Singapore and Kuala Lumpah. Basically I now feel I dont need to visit this area again, unfortunately Asia is smoggy everywhere and it was sad how much rubbish was floating in the oceans. Saw very little sea life or birds. Biggest dissapointment of the cruise was our dining experience. The buffet was repetitive, basically same thing every day. They were not strict enough with hand hygiene and there were many people coughing and sick. The dining room menus for all meals were rotated and after not many days became boring. I do like Princess but the Sapphire although a beautiful ship would not be my first choice. The staff however were as always magnificent. They are all friendly, courteous and efficient.

Beautiful ship and attentive staff but disappointing dining

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by G and M

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

G and M’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC C632
Our cabin was clean and fresh. Balcony had old paint scrapings on it, but was a decent size. Our cabin steward could not have been any better. Plenty of cupboard space, but only one chair in the cabin. Needs two, especially if you order room service. Decent size wall television and good cold fridge. No complaints really about our accommodation.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins