• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crystal Symphony Review

Editor Rating
50 Awards

Better and better each time

Review for Crystal Symphony to the South Pacific
mskatiemae
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

I have now taken 4 voyages on Crystal Symphony, and 11 total on Crystal (including one river cruise) and on this cruise had the best combination of sea days and (to me) new interesting ports to visit.

I felt the service was better than ever. The staff were happy and did seem more relaxed and content, which helps me feel more relaxed during my vacation. Ambassador hosts were charming and good for company at shared tables even getting me on the dance floor a couple of times. The headwaiter was fabulous and also the wines were fantastic. I did several spa services which were quality and worth the cost. Trivia was again a highlight on sea days and all in all the cruise was filled with movies, lectures, shore tours, and great food, company and beverages. I guess we also hit the jackpot as we did have calm enough seas to get onto Easter Island for the day tours, which is a novel experience.

I indulged in some great modern dishes in the dining room and was very well taken care of regarding my dietary restrictions. Also it was great to see that bartenders no longer automatically add straws in every drink. Now I can stop saying "no straw please" with my orders.

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Nice refreshes on the furnishings such as window curtain, chair, pillows, shower curtain, and doors that can stay put when opened.

I like these C or E staterooms for solo travel as the size is perfect.

44 Helpful Votes