Crystal Symphony Cruise Review

Better and better each time

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by mskatiemae

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

I have now taken 4 voyages on Crystal Symphony, and 11 total on Crystal (including one river cruise) and on this cruise had the best combination of sea days and (to me) new interesting ports to visit.

I felt the service was better than ever. The staff were happy and did seem more relaxed and content, which helps me feel more relaxed during my vacation. Ambassador hosts were charming and good for company at shared tables even getting me on the dance floor a couple of times. The headwaiter was fabulous and also the wines were fantastic. I did several spa services which were quality and worth the cost. Trivia was again a highlight on sea days and all in all the cruise was filled with movies, lectures, shore tours, and great food, company and beverages. I guess we also hit the jackpot as we did have calm enough seas to get onto Easter Island for the day tours, which is a novel experience.

I indulged in some great modern dishes in the dining room and was very well taken care of regarding my dietary restrictions. Also it was great to see that bartenders no longer automatically add straws in every drink. Now I can stop saying "no straw please" with my orders.

Oh also I got to play table tennis doubles one afternoon! Kept in shape taking the stairs onboard, walking the promenade deck and snorkelling in Moorea!

I highly recommend this itinerary, it was a real getaway and super for getting away from the winter.

mskatiemae's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Nice refreshes on the furnishings such as window curtain, chair, pillows, shower curtain, and doors that can stay put when opened.

I like these C or E staterooms for solo travel as the size is perfect.

Santiago City Tour

I also had airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port transfers.

View All 22 Santiago City Tour Reviews
Valparaiso City Tour

Transfer from Santiago included Valparaiso tour before embarkation.

View All 12 Valparaiso City Tour Reviews

Visited two fantastic wineries and had tours and tastings and lunch onsite.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Island Tour

The sights were okay, but it was a long day and very hot for a transfer tour. The hotel for food and drink was not adequately prepared for our large group and we could have used naps and showers and internet access at the hotel instead of confusion.

View All 49 Island Tour Reviews
Snorkeling

Wonderful scenery and wildlife underwater. Took some swimming skills to work against the currents.

View All 20 Snorkeling Reviews
4WD Island Tour

Nice overview and trips to several lookouts - fun guide and very flexible fas our interests were varied.

View All 14 4WD Island Tour Reviews
4WD Excursion

Took us to vanilla plantation and scenic areas

View All 3 4WD Excursion Reviews
Catamaran Tour

Beautiful boat trip to see a river, enjoyed the native Tahitian performance and explanations of culture. The fruit tasting and bread fruit chips were great, as was the opportunity to buy fresh coconut water and more bread fruit chips!

View All 2 Catamaran Tour Reviews