3. Celebrity Edge
We are a couple in our mid fifties and this was our 16th cruise, first on Celebrity and we absolutely loved it! Embarkation in Terminal 25 was so efficient; I had checked in at home and we only had to have our picture taken upon arrival. We were allowed on the ship at approx. 11:30 and I think we were one of the first ones on besides a group of visitors. We put our things in our Aqua Class stateroom and went to find some lunch. The only choice at that time seemed to be the buffet. The food there was excellent- so many choices; fresh fish, vegetables, bakery items, carving station, small steaks, I could go on and on. Our cabin was 9293 and Aqua Class. The bathroom was beautiful, shower had four different water types; handle spray, rain, waterfall and side spray. Plenty of storage in there and a drawer under the sink. The bed was firm, but very comfy and nice white comforter and pillows. Large flat screen tv- and at least 15-20 free movies to choose from daily-besides the live tv that was not much there. Some pretty good choices that are fairly new releases. Lighting, temp, tv, blinds could be done from app on phone. Blinds could be adjusted to various heights to allow some light in from the floor up, but that had to be done with the buttons by the window. Jury is out on the infinite veranda, we liked it just fine but also love a true balcony, nothing to ruin your cruise. Storage was great. Shoes under the sofa, closet for hanging items and plenty of drawers, some that you don't realize are there until you pull on them by the lighted decoration. I brought 3 large magnetic hooks that worked well on the walls for some extra hanging space to dry swimsuits etc. The quality of the food was amazing. We did not have one bad meal or dish. We ate at Blu numerous times for breakfast and for evening. All meals there were very flavorful and the staff went out of their way to get you what and how much you wanted. (Escargot for DH and shrimp cocktail for me, yum, I miss it already) Demar and Wulan took great care of us:) We also tried specialty dining in Eden (weird, but fun to try once) food there tasted great and was done with such careful precision by their Michelin star chef Nicolas (sp) Our table was right by the open kitchen. Drinks there were also kind of weird, mine tasted smokey. Fine Cut Steak- very good lobster and ribeye and great service. LePetit Chef was so much fun to watch and the food there was among the best on the ship. We had everything that matched the performance. Roof Top Grill (lunch) huge burgers, club sandwich, fresh chopped salad, killer French fries. The bar area is the one place that could use a little bit of adjustment. At certain times of the day the bartenders were overwhelmed with customers making the wait times a bit long. They would do their best, but there was no time for interaction or special requests. That would be at the pool bar most of the time and at the martini bar right before evening dining or entertainment there. Hard to sit by the martini bar, seats were at a premium and there were 3-4 taller chairs at one part of the bar that were designed so ridiculous that a person sitting there had a hard time staying in the chair due to the angle of the seat pitching forward- too funny watching people sit there! Again, little time to chat with the bartenders so no relationships built like on other cruises we have been on, therefore less extra tipping, sorry. Was hard to get those yummy blue cheese olives too, they would kind of forget that you asked for them. Port stops were typical: Key West was my favorite as I had not been there before. We took the Conch train tour (fun, 1-1/2 hours) then walked around and went to the Hemmingway house $14pp a little much but it must help feed all those cats! Went to Sloppy Joes Bar for nachos and drinks- loved it there. Kermits for fresh key lime pie and back to the ship. Costa Maya- a stop created for cruise ships- had an expensive drink and went back to the ship. Cozumel- Fury Catamaran- nice boat ride, ok snorkel (30min) and beach time with beer/soda. Don't waste your money at Bubba Gump Shrimp like we did, go back to the ship. Grand Cayman - did a Viator tour that started way too late 2pm so we had to rush through our rum tour, tasting, lunch and back to the ship by 4:30, we did not have time to go to 7mile beach. Had some shrimp/drinks (VG) at Margaritaville before the tour. Disembarkation was awesome as well. Took our own luggage off at 7:30 am and headed to the airport. Taxis were short that am, due to there being like 8 cruise ships in port. We got jammed into a van with 10 people. I think he would have tried to put some on the roof if he could have to take us to FLL airport. We got there too early, can't check-in prior to 4 hours before your flight. We should have stayed on the ship a little longer and had a nice breakfast. All in all - we had an incredible week on the EDGE. We came home to snow, 31 degrees, and a lot of work to catch up on. I for the life of me cannot understand all the negative reviews. This place was truly Eden to me. Someone to make my bed, meals, drinks and trip me around the Caribbean. Please go with an open mind and enjoy the different innovations around the ship. Oh, yeah, and if you want to find a library they had a cart in Eden where you could get a book or drop a book or bring your own Kindle. Enjoy, we certainly did!!!!!

What's Not to Love

Laurie7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda
Cabin A1 9293
Awesome comfort, incredible shower functions, heated mirror, plenty of storage and luxurious bedding.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins