3. Carnival Paradise
We usually cruise with NCL, but the itinerary during March to Cuba was only available on Carnival ( NCL opened up their itineraries after we booked). The entertainment was OK, the comedian performed for 35 minutes- should have been longer. Breakfast in the dining room was horrible- 2nd day we arrived in the dining room at 9:05 and the food was finally served at 9:55, after I went and asked where are food was. I was told the kitchen was very busy. I saw only 2 trays of food delivered within 15 minutes- Very poor excuse. We tried the dining room again for "Seaday Brunch" and the food was cold! However dinner was good and attentive service. Embarkation and disembarkation went smooth- I guess with a small ship it is a lot easier moving people. When you arrive in Key West, there are Conch Trains taking you back and forth into town- takes about 15 minutes. You are dropped off by Mallory Square. Disembarkation in Cuba was easy- long line for money exchange- go the left and down the stairs- no line! We arranged a People to People excursion with shoreexcursionsgroup.com and saved over $75 versus using the Carnival excursion. We had a wonderful tour guide, Joy, who explained everything we saw, lunch, 3 cocktails (Mojito, daiquiri) along the way then ended with a ride in a 1952 Chevy convertible, that dropped us at the ship.

Carnival Paradise to Cuba

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by jfbbarry

jfbbarry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A U209
Room had plenty of space for 2 people. The TV set up was awkward- to the side of the bed not at the foot, so it was difficult to watch TV. This room would have been very uncomfortable for 4 people if both bunks were lowered. There is an overhang by the head- so be sure you don't sit up directly from lying down. If bunks were down, you would literally have to crawl to move from the outside bed to the bathroom as there would be no room to stand.
Bathroom shower curtain does not go below the shower lip, so water goes all over the floor.
The balcony door was shut tight and locked, but still whistled throughout the night from the wind.
Our Cabin steward only made up the room in the morning- nothing worse than coming back from dinner and wet towels on the bathroom floor.
Bed was very comfortable and down comforter available with the AC.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins