Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mlangstaff

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Crown Loft Suite with Balcony

This ship has plenty to offer. There are lots of activities and nightly entertainment that will keep you busy. There is actually so much to do onboard that we wished that we had more than 2 sea days. Our kids, who are 22 and 19 enjoyed this cruse much more than the one we took on another cruise line last year. Honestly, there are things to do for those of all ages! The food onboard was good and we particularly enjoyed Chops. The staff on the ship was very attentive and the cabin staff went our of the way to be helpful, particularly Marijana.

The only negative that I have about RCL has nothing to do with the ship or crew, rather it has to do with their reservation staff. I called 3 times prior to our sailing. Out of 3 different agents, I got only 1 who seemed to know what each ship offered and who could answer my questions. RCL needs to do a better job training these people.

mlangstaff's Full Rating Summary

Crown Loft Suite with Balcony
Cabin L2 1756

The cabin was roomy for 4 people. If you are thinking of spending money for a suite I would definitely say it was worth the extra expense. Free internet onboard for the 4 of us on each of our devices. I got a message while onboard that the husband of a close friend has passed away. I was able to make a internet call to her immediately upon reading this news. (Sad story but I might have missed this until days after we returned). The lounge and coastal kitchen were great. No need for a beverage package with the lounge!

Miami

No Global entry for frequent travelers. FLL is a better port.

Cozumel

The port is about 5 miles from the town center.

Snorkeling

Disappointing to snorkel on a dead reef in only 3 or 4 feet of water.

View All 345 Snorkeling Reviews
Mayan Temazcal Ceremony

Good tour. Very long day. The bus ride is 2.5 hours to the ruins. It was a chance to see the countryside in that part of Mexico. We went on the 2 ruin tour. I would recommend taking only the tour to Kohunlich. It is a larger ruin and I found it more interesting.

View All 11 Mayan Temazcal Ceremony Reviews