3. Harmony of the Seas
We were excited to try out the new ship. There was my husband, myself and 2 sons (aged 16 & 22). Cabin - 10320 it is on the port side and had a convertible sofa. Configuration is bed first and then sofa by the balcony door (some cabins have the sofa bed when you enter the room adn the bed by the balcony door). First off the second "bed" is a trundle bed under the sofa - both boys said that the beds were comfortable but when the second bed is pulled out you cannot walk past it to the balcony so if the boys were sleeping in, there is no way to get to the balcony to sit out there without literally stepping on the kid on the second bed. For rooms that have the sofa bed first, you can barely get past the bed to reach the washroom. I much prefer having the 4th bed come down from the ceiling. I was not pleased with this set up and storage space for 4 adults (who are not over packers) was tight. The service in our cabin was great, the room steward did an great job. Dining - we ate in Chops and Jamie Oliver's and I had a BOGO package and can not say enough about those restaurants. The food, service etc was out of this world. The main dining room was a real disappointment. I have had much better shrimp from a shrimp ring bought at Costco than in the main dining room. The shrimp from Chops were huge, the ones in the shrimp cocktail in the main dining room were pathetic. The shortribs one night were just awful, worse than my grandmother's pot roast. The service in the main dining room was great but the food on some nights was no better than eating at Denny's. We did find the Solarium for breakfast a better less hectic, less crowded more enjoyable than Windjammers. Entertainment - this was great and we had the surprise of having Voctave on board who did a great performance. Comedy Club was also great, very funny. Activities were hit and miss - you had to get to some of them 30-45 minutes early. My son tried to play adult dodgeball and went about 30 minutes early and was told that they already had the maximum number of people signed up so he could not play. FlowRider was also very busy most times with long lineups but we went the morning we landed in Labadee so most people were off the ship and my sons were able to ride with barely any wait but the downside is we had to give up some time in Labadee for that to happen. Also heard complaints from others that activities onboard filled up quickly (trivia for one) so it was hard to participate unless you staked out a spot very early. Service/Embarkation/Disembarkation - all went very smoothly, no issues Port and Shore Excursions - They were fine but I had a planner that listed the activity we did in Jamaica at $99/person but when I signed up at the Shore Excursion Desk it charged me $137/person and when I brought this to the attention of the person working there they apologized and said I have to go to Customer Service and wait in a long line to get the difference credited to my card. I was not pleased with this as it was obviously their error and I had to take time out of my day to fix their error. I told this to the customer service agent who agreed and apologized. I was not looking for any sort of monetary compensation but rather I felt that the Shore Excursion person should have taken the details and corrected it herself. My 16 yr old enjoyed the time in the teen area, rarely saw him some days. The 22 year old, not so much, he went to a couple of the "single meet and mingle" events but no one was there. He would have had a much better time if he went with some buddies or more people attended the events but overall he too had a good time. Gym/Fitness - it was good but I really did not like being "underground" all the other ships I have been on had the gym in the upper decks where you could look out from floor to ceiling windows and with the gym on the 5th deck (maybe 4) there were only porthole like windows so I really missed the "view" that I have had in the past.

Harmony Feb 24 - Not totally what I expected

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by JacquiR

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Service/Embarkation/Disembarkation - all went very smoothly, no issues

JacquiR’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 10320
It was fine except for the 4th bed being a trundle bed under the sofa. When this bed is pulled out, it means you cannot access the balcony and took up a lot of space. I much prefer the 4th bed to be a "pullman" bed that comes down from the ceiling.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins