3. Nieuw Statendam
The ship is very elegant, with beautiful artwork throughout. The crew was very friendly, seemed happy, and we’re always willing to help. The cabins were relatively roomy with lots of drawers for storage. The food was excellent in the dining room. The shops were understated and there was not merchandise present in the aisles. The entertainment was not as good or as varied in the mai theater as on other ships. However, there were many styles and locations for music on the ship. There were five hot tubs on the ship for which were the smallest I’ve ever encountered. Those four would not hold for adults comfortably. The ports were excellent. Grand Turk was almost like a private island. The private island was excellent. Surprisingly, we were the only ship in port at Saint Thomas which made for a surprisingly uncrowded visit. San Juan seem cleaner than the last time I visited. I would definitely sale on the Nieuw Statendam again.

Elegant ship

medicine_man’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Statendam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VH 4093
The cabin was relatively roomy for a cruise ship as was the balcony. There was more than the usual drawer space and they were even drawers underneath the bed. The shower was large and the amenities were satisfactory. The only complaint is that you could hear the music and especially the percussion from the blues venue two decks below. It was remedied with a small electric fan that I received from Guest services. I could not be moved as the ship is full. Guest services did check with me several times afterwards to make sure that my accommodations were satisfactory and I received dinner in a specialty restaurant for my troubles.
Beethoven Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins