3. Carnival Liberty
We called ourselves "Chicks On the Run" and a group of girlfriends decided to take a three day cruise and have fun, play cards and enjoy music and laughter and girl company. Boy were we in for a negative surprise!! We chose the line and ship so that we did not have to drive eight plus hours to south Florida. First the room attendant only gave us one small bar of soap for two guests. Towels were gray and rough and even though we asked for extra towels we never received them nor did we ever get a bucket of ice in our room. Dirty glass was left for us to clean??? . Cabin was kept clean, however the vinyl couch left much to be desired and one would never want to sit on it! Dining room staff gave us terrible service; so bad that we complained at Guest Services. Wine was brought to the table after we had finished most of our meal and the table was still filled with dirty dishes while the the waiter was serving us our dessert. Steak was tough, prime rib was tough and they do not know what au jus is. We received gloppy beef gravy for the prime rib. Breakfast was not much better in the dining room, as you had to ask for every little thing, including jam, butter and little pastries, just to name a few. Lunch at the buffet was good. Guy Fierrri's burgers were the best and the line to get a burger proved it. The Mongolian Wok station was also very good, however long, long lines to have your selections cooked. Dirty floors all around the ship, lack of help all over the ship was quite obvious. Do not get the "Drink Package" as you will never get the service to order the drink and if you do, you will not receive it, way within an hour! Daylight savings time and the ships clocks were never corrected, so we got our wakeup call an hour late! Public bathrooms were nasty. Needed a luggage tag for disembarkation, go get it yourself! I am still waiting for credit for my beverage package that I was told would be credited to my account!! The best part of the cruise was being with friends! Carnival was to give us a "Cocktail Party with dry snacks and drinks. It turned out to be drinks we really did not want and not even a cracker was to be found! Desserts were good. So I guess the saying "Let Them eat cake" is the way Carnival thinks!!! Smoke was terrible wherever you walked on the public areas of the ship. Felt bad for the staff that had to inhale all the second hand smoke around them. I have sailed over 25+ cruises, including Carnival and I have never been on a ship as bad as this.

No Service Ship, Not The Fun Ship

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by CTQ

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The best part of the cruise was being with friends!

CTQ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 8293
Don't sit on the vinyl couch. Soap, to wash hands?????
Read my review above