3. Carnival Sunshine
Pros: ports, crew, made to order food Cons: Too much walking, too many people, awful seasickness, terrible WiFi Ports were great, Dominican my favorite. Abject poverty behind Carnival’s front of shops and bars. Crew was great, all of them. We had an outstanding steward named Anthony. Made to order omelettes, Guy’s burgers, JiJi Asian, all fabulous. Just too much walking for me and people everywhere. Waited often to get on elevators. Unsupervised kids running amok. WiFi package useless, didn’t work. Very few quiet places on the ship. Not enough pools for all the people and people fighting over chairs on several decks. The ship was all over the place, bumping, creaking, rocking, bouncing, it was awful. Captain told us at one point to hold on to rails. High winds both ways. Missed captain’s dinner and last night of 80’s bands & trivia because of terrible seasickness and I was prepared with Seabands, meclizine, and ginger chews. Spent more time in stateroom than anywhere else unless at port. Showered only when ship was docked. First and last cruise. I didn’t pay all that money to feel like that. Know that if you go on a cruise you are at the mercy of the ocean. Cruise director just annoying at times to me like the Rachel Ray of cruise directors, constantly on the PA system, waking people up and making Carnival sound like they were the most fabulous trip in the world not knowing how many people were sick below on the decks. Really annoying. The crew works hard. There was a language barrier with some which could be a bit frustrating, but we managed.

Disappointed

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by OceanLover1964

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower
Pros: ports, crew, made to order food

Cons: Too much walking, too many people, awful seasickness, terrible WiFi

OceanLover1964’s Full Rating Summary