3. Allure of the Seas
We were a group of five travelers. My husband and I and adult children. The Ship: Beautiful but starting to need some updating. Furniture in common areas is starting to age. Cabin: We had a Central Park Balcony. The location was great. Our A/C didn't work very well. We called and it was fixed and then worked fine. Excursions: Four of us signed up for an excursion with RCCL. The excursion was described as eight hours with six hours of travel time. I figured that meant two hours at our destination. We received notice that we would only have 30-45 minutes at our destination in a note attached to our excursion tickets. One of our group that stayed back told us that RCCL put our group on the last ferry to leave headed for Playa Del Carmen. RCCL needs to take a look at logistics and prioritize to accommodate participants of lengthy excursions. We ended up with about an hour at our destination because the tour company did a great job, but RCCL dropped the ball on this. I'm glad the ship went to Costa Maya, which we love. Get away from the port (tourist trap) and take a taxi to town. It is my happy place. We took a private tour to a resort/beach in Roatan and didn't leave the ship in Nassau. Food/Drinks: The food is fine, but not as good as in years past. Gone are the free tastings before heading to dinner. I also wish there were more venues included, I'm tired of having to pay extra for every little thing. We did have one specialty lunch at Sabor and it was fabulous. We bought the premium drink package and I wouldn't buy it again. I felt obligated to drink a lot more than I normally do to take advantage of the unlimited drinks. Also, with four port days (although we stayed on the ship during one) and having a lot of activities planned, it was hard to get our money's worth. Entertainment: Excellent!!!! We saw all of the shows and they were very good with one exception being one of the Headliners, however, that is personal preference as I overheard many people had liked it so I won't mention the entertainer. Service: We had excellent service from all staff members we encountered. Internet: We didn't buy internet service. Using the internet cafe to check in for our flight cost us $10.00 for one hour of use. There are no more pay by the minute options. Overall: In an attempt to making cruising for everyone and create bigger ships with more activities, some of us long time cruisers are left behind. I miss the ShipShape program (I think that was the name) events where you collected bucks by doing activities and earned RCCL swag. I miss getting a gift when I cruise as a thanks for being loyal, but overall, cruising is still a great way to travel. We didn't use the gym or the spa. I noticed many of the group exercises classes in the gym have a fee. We picked this cruise mostly for the great itinerary.

Fun Trip

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by sherin65

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Balcony
We were a group of five travelers. My husband and I and adult children.

Service: We had excellent service from all staff members we encountered.

sherin65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Central Park View Balcony
Cabin 2J 12589
The cabin had a great location. We Enjoyed being over Central Park.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins