3. Norwegian Bliss
This was my first cruise, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. That being said, I've stayed at many high quality all-inclusive resorts. I was very disappointed by the Bliss, the staff, and the overall cruise. Firstly, the staff looked MISERABLE. No one was happy. I felt like a burden to the waiters and bartenders when ordering. No one had a smile on their face and when it was time for me to place my order, I was pointed to and oftentimes not even talked to. It felt like a hole-in-the-wall bar on a busy Saturday night. The layout of the cruise ship and lack of elevators was maddening. Most of the restaurants were in inconvenient locations and were LOUD. This ship needs many more elevators. We often gave up after 5-10 minutes of waiting and took the stairs. Next, the casino was an absolute sham. The dealer at the roulette table missed my winning bets TWICE and the blackjack dealer was tipping off other patrons at my table. I've never seen this type of thing before. It was absolutely sickening. Next, the pool area was a joke. There was ONE pool for 4200+ passengers and ALL of the chairs were filled up all day, every day. I hated how the hot tubs were an afterthought and tucked away from the pool. They--no surprise--were also always filled up. The shops on board were a complete rip-off. The prices were super inflated and the employees were rude. They all-but rolled their eyes when I asked to negotiate a price. NONE of the staff members were memorable, approachable, or friendly. NONE. It was like I was a guest at a busy restaurant and was an inconvenience to them. I didn't feel welcomed. Also, I never once met my room caretaker. I didn't even know his name, or did he even wave to us when we were around. I was also very disappointed by the port stops and excursions. I didn't at all feel like I got my money's worth. All of the port shops were tourist traps and were way too expensive. No one there was friendly either. Furthermore, it was NEVER explained which ports required an ID for re-entry into the boat or what to expect at every stop. As a first time cruiser, I could've easily forgotten my ID and then not allowed back on the boat. I was not prepared for this. The entertainment was awful. If it wasn't for Jersey Boys, I'd call it high-school drama level. I left this boat frustrated, ripped off, nickle-and-dimed and completely unsatisfied. It makes me never want to cruise again and that deeply saddens me. Pros: * Dining options * Great food, all the time * Go-Karts * Jersey Boys was great * Great, clean balcony room * Beautiful ship * Onboarding/Offboarding was quick and easy * Great wifi Cons: * Unhappy, defeated staff * Service was slow and sloppy * Casino was a sham * On-board shops were a scam * Ports were forgettable * Not enough elevators. Not even close * Pool area was small and lacking. No chairs available * The entertainment was downright embarrassingly bad * Daily activities were poorly put together and lacking in quality * Ship layout was...weird... to say the least

I wanted to believe in the Bliss...but left disappointed and angry

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by travelerkid19

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Pros:

* Dining options

* Great food, all the time

* Go-Karts

* Jersey Boys was great

* Great, clean balcony room

* Beautiful ship

* Onboarding/Offboarding was quick and easy

* Great wifi

Cons:

* Unhappy, defeated staff

* Service was slow and sloppy

* Casino was a sham

* On-board shops were a scam

* Ports were forgettable

* Not enough elevators. Not even close

* Pool area was small and lacking. No chairs available

* The entertainment was downright embarrassingly bad

* Daily activities were poorly put together and lacking in quality

* Ship layout was...weird... to say the least
travelerkid19’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 9770
This cabin is directly above the Food Republic restaurant. When you look down they see you and you see them. I'd find a different spot if you want privacy.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins