3. Regal Princess
We were just looking for a getaway (we live in Florida so weather not an issue). We had sailed on Princess before - and they had the best food of the "mainline" cruise companies - so that was our reason for picking the Regal Princess (and this part did not disappoint). We went all out and booked a full suite - and there, my friends, lies the problem. Very, very disappointed with Princess suite amenities - if we are going to pay almost $4000 for a one-week cruise, we expect to get amenities commensurate with that. First, the suite passenger venue (concierge lounge) wasn't worth going to - it was so small I would be embarrassed if I were Princess plus this is a pretty large ship and we were at the front and the lounge was as far aft as you can get and 3 decks up). Other than a one time minibar set up, we had to pay for everything: Every other ship we have been on over the past 4 years provides complimentary Wi-Fi to suite guests - but not Princess (150 complimentary minutes on one device - so either me or my wife was out of luck - so we didn't even bother). To me, the crowning insult was having to pay for a quiet spot on the upper decks. We both love to relax on a cruise so look for a quiet shady area to read, nap, etc. There aren't any such places on this ship unless you want to pay extra ($80/day for a cabana in the Retreat or a similar amount for a lounge chair in the Sanctuary). Our cabin was spacious - but the bedroom was probably 3 times the "living" area - seems to us they could have given you a little more room for when you are awake! Clearly Princess is trying to appeal to a younger audience - no quiet background music anywhere. And so much for their policy of not holding lounge chairs (supposedly in unoccupied for 30 minutes, the crew would remove belongings ha ha ha) I would go for a cup of coffee at 7:00 a.m. and most of the chairs already had stuff on them - but no people! And that goes for the minimal number "shady" chairs that were available. Enough - Princess is off our list!!!

Disappointed

indianacut1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5
HUGE bedroom, small living area.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins