Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by indianacut1

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

We were just looking for a getaway (we live in Florida so weather not an issue). We had sailed on Princess before - and they had the best food of the "mainline" cruise companies - so that was our reason for picking the Regal Princess (and this part did not disappoint). We went all out and booked a full suite - and there, my friends, lies the problem. Very, very disappointed with Princess suite amenities - if we are going to pay almost $4000 for a one-week cruise, we expect to get amenities commensurate with that. First, the suite passenger venue (concierge lounge) wasn't worth going to - it was so small I would be embarrassed if I were Princess plus this is a pretty large ship and we were at the front and the lounge was as far aft as you can get and 3 decks up). Other than a one time minibar set up, we had to pay for everything: Every other ship we have been on over the past 4 years provides complimentary Wi-Fi to suite guests - but not Princess (150 complimentary minutes on one device - so either me or my wife was out of luck - so we didn't even bother). To me, the crowning insult was having to pay for a quiet spot on the upper decks. We both love to relax on a cruise so look for a quiet shady area to read, nap, etc. There aren't any such places on this ship unless you want to pay extra ($80/day for a cabana in the Retreat or a similar amount for a lounge chair in the Sanctuary). Our cabin was spacious - but the bedroom was probably 3 times the "living" area - seems to us they could have given you a little more room for when you are awake! Clearly Princess is trying to appeal to a younger audience - no quiet background music anywhere. And so much for their policy of not holding lounge chairs (supposedly in unoccupied for 30 minutes, the crew would remove belongings ha ha ha) I would go for a cup of coffee at 7:00 a.m. and most of the chairs already had stuff on them - but no people! And that goes for the minimal number "shady" chairs that were available. Enough - Princess is off our list!!!

indianacut1's Full Rating Summary

Premium Suite with Balcony

HUGE bedroom, small living area.

indianacut1