3. MSC Musica
This was a 40th birthday gift from my husband and our first holiday together since our honeymoon. We have 2 small children and have been on the go non stop for the past 5 years. I was exhausted!! So it was great to spend time together, just the 2 of us again and fall in love all over again. Thank you. The cabin was clean and beautiful with a super comfy bed to take lots of naps!! The staff were incredible, not one bad experience or complaint. I take my hat off to them as they all work very very hard but always smile. A few negatives...I found the buffet quite overwhelming in that there were a great deal of people all the time, eating large amounts of food, and we were not aware that we could go and eat in the restaurants for breakfast. We ate in the restaurant once and were seated at a table with 8 other people that we did not know. We didn't feel comfortable and really wanted to spend the time with one another. So that led us to only eat at the buffet which wasn't always enjoyable. I also don't think it should be allowed for bottles of Whisky to be on sale so that people can walk around holding them and drink from. Although we didn't take our children with, many people did and I wouldn't like my children seeing that. I believe it was also one of these bottles that was used to break a pane of glass on deck 13. I also think the smoking area on deck 13 should be further away from the dining room, as when you walk out of the dining room, the smell of cigarette smoke is rather overwhelming. Getting off the ship wasn't a problem, but getting on was a very long and drawn out process. More x-ray machines and security should be available. The security checks going to shore and returning were quick, easy and professional. We went for the ocean safari at Pomene, but unfortunately didn't see a thing due to the direction of the current/wind, so that was rather disappointing but out of everyone's control. There were also a large amount of people all in one area on the islands, shouting and drinking, and it just didn't make for a pleasant or relaxing atmosphere, so we returned to the ship as soon as we had finished our excursions. Santa Maria was great fun, especially the drive to and from there, as well as 3 of the 4 vehicles breaking down - it just added to the entire experience. Lastly, the process of paying your bill and/or getting refunded needs to be explained better/clearer. There were queues all over the place and people didn't know where to go to pay. There also wasn't enough money to be refunded for some people. People didn't know they could pay their bill at the little machines with their cards (which are great for loading money onto your card - well done!!), so were standing in the queue's to get to the help desk. We needed to be refunded but didn't know we had to get a statement first - which was a different queue. So it was very chaotic with a great deal of irritated people around. If we had known there are "quieter" and less chaotic and crowded cruises available, we would have preferred one of those. We won't be going on another cruise for a very long time due to finances, however, we have some lovely memories, thank you. Loved getting to see Carvin Goldstone!! What a treat!

Relaxing and carefree

julia.askey’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Aurea
Cabin B3 8173
Clean, quiet, cool and just divine. I could nap when I wanted and do whatever I wanted. Super comfy bed!!!
Cantata Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins