3. Oasis of the Seas
My wife , children ( 6 yr. old twin boys) and I just returned from our wonderful vacation aboard the Oasis.I will try to keep to subjects not duplicated in other reviews and simply second the opinions more thoroughly stated elsewhere. Embarkation - as painless as possible. Lunch before seeing cabin -- rec. Park Cafe -- roast beef sand. is awesome and not too crowded. Cabin -- Boardwalk balcony # 9307 -- smaller than typical cabin on other RCI ships ( this is our 8th cruise on RCI) but was fine for the four of us -- we were rarely in the room. Steward Anthony was great -- all our needs were anticipated and met. I am 6'2" and 200 lbs. and bathroom was fine -- however, if you are much taller or have weight issues you may want to consider larger accommodations.Some noise from Boardwalk readily blocked by closing balcony door, but I did miss my full ocean view -- will book ocean balc. on next visit. First impressions -- pictures and words do not do this ship justice -- you really need to see it to fully appreciate what RC has accomplished. One of the comics on board ( laughed a lot!) commented that Carnival can only say " well, we have a water-slide!" This is so true! RC truly is the most innovative and cutting-edge company out there and the took many risks with this vessel and hit a home run! The over-all design is brilliant, intuitive and well executed.Other cruise lines will be playing catch-up for a long time.The neighborhood concept works beautifully in that it breaks the ship into unique, intimate spaces. Crowd control is well done-- we rarely sensed that we shared the ship with 5800 other passengers. Overall, WOW. Food - Very good, comparable to other RC ships. Ate at 150 Central Park and had an exceptional meal. For $35 you get a $150 gourmet experience -- do not miss!! The boys loved the corn dogs and ice cream available at the boardwalk.Our waiter, Suraj, and his assistant, Zeh, went out of their way to attend to the needs of our sons and the three children of our friends Elaine and Alex.The boys were always anxious to get to Adventure Ocean and Suraj did all that he could to get them fed and on their way without making the adults feel rushed -- thank you! Btw, I strongly rec. that parents with young children use the My Time option as to best accommodate the dining needs of the kids. Casino -- biggest at sea, split into smoke and smoke-less, never felt crowded. For poker players -- they have three computer tables, with 1-2 or 2-5 hold'em games. The rake is BRUTAL -- 10% up to $15 -- game would be unplayable if not for the loose/aggressive/wealthy international maniacs on my cruise -- had a lot of fun with some very nice people and scored a modest profit despite the unreasonable rake. Shows -- saw every major show and loved every one -- best entertainment in our cruise experience. All were kid-friendly except the comics. Kid's program -- the staff and facilities at Adventure Ocean are exceptional in every way! The boy's were entertained and educated ( Science Lab!) every day and we were completely comfortable that they were safe and happy. Kudos to RC for the design and square footage devoted to their young guests -- they went that "extra mile" on this amazing ship. Note: please consider tipping the Adventure Ocean staff at the end of your cruise -- no special mention of this is in the RC literature but I think it is clearly appropriate and well-deserved. Older kids-- even " I hate everything" teens seemed well-entertained and content-- you can feel confident that children of all ages will enjoy this cruise and that you will have much time to indulge your own needs and pleasures. Pools - Four major pool areas, ample lounges , although children's area often crowded as we all tried to keep an eye on the kids. Also, the children's area was shut down 3 times due to fecal contamination and the pools drained and sanitized. This was a real pain in the .... however, I am at a loss as to what Royal can do about this. They are at the mercy of the judgment of each parent to anticipate the toilet needs of their children and obviously some do not pay enough attention -- please be considerate of your fellow passengers. Sports deck -- teens will live here, zip-line a thrill, Flow-Rider very popular. Gym -- enormous - bigger than yours at home and state-of-the-art equipped. We did not use Spa. De-embarkation-- this sad day was a piece of cake -- well done RC. Negative -- we had requested a large table in the dining room to accommodate our family and our friends. We were put at separate tables the first evening and when my wife complained she was met with some resistance by one of the head waiters. However, the situation was remedied by day 2 by a second head waiter( thank you Christian ! ) who admitted their error and arranged for us to tour the kitchen as a way of apologizing -- a reasonable and appreciated solution. Staff- I found that the staff and crew of the Oasis were consistently friendly, cordial, helpful and efficient -- they appear to be the all-stars of the RC family. I asked many of them about their living conditions on board and found that the extra effort made on the passengers behalf is duplicated to a certain extent down below-- this is a more comfortable ship to work and therefore results in a highly motivated staff-- it shows. Overall, we were thrilled with our cruise on the Oasis and have already made plans to sail on the Allure, hopefully dragging along a bunch of our friends and neighbors. Find out for yourselves ASAP!

Cruising with 6 yr. old twins on the Oasis

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Bakdoc

Embarkation - as painless as possible.
De-embarkation-- this sad day was a piece of cake -- well done RC.
Bakdoc’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

• St. Martin
    St. Martin is the only port we spent much time in and we enjoyed an excursion which was a MUST DO -- the Zipline Adventure! Climb in the trees, cross obstacles, zip on cable from tree to tree, it was awesome for the whole family. The boys had there own special course which challenged and thrilled them while keeping them safe-- they wanted to do it twice -- and the adult course was a blast. You need to be reasonably fit ( I'm 54 ) , it takes about 1 1/2 hours and is in a park about 30 min. from the dock ( 8 buck cab ride/person) We intend to return every time we get to this island.
    View All 345 St. Martin Cruise Port Reviews