3. Navigator of the Seas
Cruise from hell was on March 13,2010 Navigator of the Sea's RCL. Mind you we are Diamond members (10 or more sailings on this line) Should have known from the attempt to board this was NOT going to be a fun cruise. Upon arrival at the embarkation where I presented my DL and Certified Birth Cert ( I called and asked if it was still acceptable, it is) the lady stated that the last names did not match. I jokingly stated that when I was born I was single, I am now married....lol...She next informed me "I don't think they will let you on the ship " I thought I was on candid camera or something. I pointed out I have sailed many times, as she could see by the Diamond status on your ships and used this birth cert and DL each time. She informed me they are really cracking down ???? Do I have a copy of my marriage cert with me ?? Of coarse I do not, who would take that considering I cruised with them many times and have never ever been asked for it. Next I was informed she was going to get a supervisor. Supervisor asked if there was someone at our house that could fax him the marriage cert ? I said NO there is not. His next question was do you all have children ? I said yes, we do His reply was "can you call and ask them to go to your house and send it ? Considering our son is in Iraq (Marine) fighting for our country that is not an option. Next asked what state we were married in He will try to go online and pull it up and print it (at our expense ($22) We were then shown to a room to wait for about an hour while this went on. He did get it and we proceeded on the ship. Next big surprise was the NO SMOKING rule now in place. We were NOT informed of this, we both smoke and would never consider a room where smoking was not permitted even if it was free, much less pay for it. Called the desk to ask if we could pay for an upgrade to balcony (where you may smoke outside) Not available, we were told. Never Again on this line. Why not have some non-smoking decks and some smoking decks ? Room card, did not work replaced it 5 times, still no luck. I was unable to get into my room or purchase anything while on board the whole time. My favorite was when we went to their private Island. Of coarse when I tried to get off the ship the alarm went off, they hit some buttons on the computer and let me go ashore. Getting back on however was not that easy. Apparently when my card was swiped a little boy's pic was coming up. Not sure what I did wrong for this to occur. I was asked if I had any ID with me while trying to board. Mind you it's their private Island ??? I was in a bathing suit, with a cover up on. I did not have any ID other than my card. My husband was then asked if he had any ? We took cash, card and sunscreen only. We then were escorted to the 5th floor to get yet another NEW ID card. The security guard that walked us up there had the lady try twice for a new card, no luck, little boy still. Security guard then said I'm sorry mam we need to go back down to 1st floor and re-do your pic and get you a new card. By this time I have to pee like a racehorse.I'm hot (93 degrees) and wanting a shower, and then some lunch. We go all the way back down to do the new pic-surprised the camera is not working.....We then have to head over to another camera and this time it works....finally. Excited I may have card that actually works. I put it in my door, nothing still does not work. Try to buy something in gift shop, no luck My husband can purchase goods though. (yes, we are on the same folio) I tell the lady in the gift shop my husbands card works and I already had to get 5 new ones. She says if your husbands card works then we can use it. I go all the way up on the deck, find my husband, get his card, go back to the shop, hand it to the same clerk who informs me Oh, no sorry the person who's name is on the card has to be here. Food on this ship is not as good as Carnival. And forget about seconds unless you are young and exposing yourself. My husband was not allowed to have a second lobster. The young exposed girls at the table were allowed. We complained to the head waiter who asked our cabin # and which server etc...head waiter said he will look into it and we will definitely hear from him that night NEVER heard a word. Stateroom attendant was unable to understand English. Smaller cabins than Carnival . Royal has seen its last dollar from us. I recommend any other line than RCL For the Gamblers- the old slots they have still spit out coins. No ticket in ticket out yet.I hate touching dirty coins. No new machines, all are at least 10-15 yrs old Very (old)limited selection of slots. No way to track your play either, you do not put your card in the machine (they are too old) At no time did I ever meet anyone employed in the casino. On every other ship I get comped drinks, wine sent to my table, baskets to my room. (I play alot) But not a word from anyone. Good luck finding an ashtray in Casino I think they have 4-5 for the whole place.If you are lucky enough to find one, keep it, take it from machine to machine with you. We had another cruise already booked on RCL for Sept, along with 40 of our friends (22 cabins) We called to get a refund as my husband refuses to ever step foot on another RCL ship. All have called to get a refund and we are going on another line (Carnival) where we get treated like they do care.

RCL=Really Care Less Never again on this Inferior line

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Happy2CruiseAgain1703

Happy2CruiseAgain1703’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

smelly bathroom. When you turn on the water extremely foul smell, hard to brush your teeth w/out gagging
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans