3. Norwegian Spirit
After hearing so many stories both good and bad about cruising, I'd have to say that cruising is a great way to travel. The staff of the Norwegian Spirit made everything from pre-cruise preparation to disembarkation, an absolutely breeze. Everyone (and I mean everyone!) was super helpful and personable. Whatever Norwegian is doing to create such a great team , they are doing it right and it shows in the level of service given to each person on-board. The ship was super clean and, there was an emphasis on hygiene, which was important given the number of people in such close quarters. You were never far from music, entertainment or a pocket of peace and relaxation. The port calls and ship excursions were well organized. I booked excursions through the ship's tour service and they were well organized and in my opinion, worth the money. All the tour companies were professional, the buses were comfortable and the tours were offered in various languages to accommodate all nationalities. Needless to say, I enjoyed my first cruise. Well done Norwegian!

Norwegian Spirit was the perfect introduction to cruise life

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by TanishaC

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window
TanishaC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8510
The cabin was clean and efficiently laid out. Sufficient space for your luggage and belongings.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Casablanca
    I took the tour to Casablanca with a stop at the mosque. The mosque is the highlight of this port call as the city is pretty run down. Ensure your tour includes entry into the mosque as I hear some only got to see the outside. Also, the tour is kind of faced paced, so those with mobility issues should really consider another tour. We walked through part of the city's markets and spent time inside one of the carpet stores, where they rolled out countless rugs for the group to consider buying. A few of our fellow travelers got cornered in the building with a high pressure sales pitch, so beware and be firm if you are not interested.
    View All 64 Casablanca Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Casablanca Cruise Port Review
  • Aqaete Walking Tour
    Quaint and beautiful little island. We stopped at a local winery, where we tasted the locally produced wine, cheese, oranges and coffee marmalade. Our tour guide and the hosting family at the winery were wonderful and fun. Highly recommend this tour.
    View All 1 Aqaete Walking Tour Reviews
  • Best of Tenerife - Lava and Fire
    The tour starts with a drive up through the clouds to a scenic overlook of the island. You make a quick stop for coffee and snack; I recommend the local sweet coffee shot with liquor (I don't recall the name but the guide should be able to tell you). The stop in the little town was the highlight for me. We had free time and choose to have tapas at a local restaurant but you could walk the city or tour the local gardens or Balcony house. Great experience.
    View All 18 Best of Tenerife - Lava and Fire Reviews