3. Carnival Elation
This cruise was so needed after a hard 6 months with my step dad beating cancer, & some other stuff leaving him in a wheelchair. This was a huge family ordeal with 14 of us needing some serious R&R & Carnival Elation did not disappoint. We've cruised together years before, but now some of us had children & significant others. The things I was super impressed with are: -Embarkation & Debarkation were pretty painless due to faster to the fun. I would absolutely add this on if you are considering it. -The staff was super nice. Jordan is pure sunshine, he would greet you by name at the Tiffany's buffet, & ask how you were, what your plans are for the day, & his smile is super contagious. Seriously if you don't smile after interacting with him, you should take a look at how you are living your life. -Our steward Jose was awesome as well. He kept our room super clean, & there was a towel pet waiting each evening for our daughter. -We had a room on the Empress level with a private balcony. This was fantastic! We had a king size bed, along with a pull out for my daughter. I know cruise ship rooms are small, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't knock my head on her bed a few times due to it pulling out right over our bed. -Half Moon Cay is magical. My husband was wary about getting off the boat onto the island, not having control on when we could come back, but he is so glad he came. The smaller boats ferry back & fourth all day & we were able to grab one to go back straight away. The behind the scenes work that goes into preparing all of us lunch on that island should be fully recognized. Impressive operation & it seems so smooth! We didn't go on any excursions, we were happy to just relax on the beach. There were chairs for my step dad to use to go out onto the ocean for free! This was so wonderful! -Nassau is always fun & bustling. I've been there before & done some excursions so we opted just to shop & walk around this time. It was a lot of fun. -The buffet was awesome. The casino was awesome, the fun shops, & other places to buy jewelry & souvenirs are great as well. -The 80's show & Divas were fantastic. -The professional photos we got were stunning, we went home with the canvas package. I was however, not impressed that in order to get digital copies - you are forced to also purchase the 8x10s. Things I feel could've been improved upon: -My daughter, niece & nephew's were not impressed. They never really did what the itinerary said they had planned. They wanted to hang with us instead, which of course we wanted to spend some quality time with them but my husband & I were wanting a bit of an "adult reprieve" & having a kid not stoked about the kid area was kinda disappointing. -The food at the dinners. Most of it was really good, but getting through all of the courses took over 2 hours. We were scheduled for the 8:25 dinners so we had to go directly to any shows we wanted to see, nearly missing them. The one steak I ordered had a huge tendon going through the whole thing which didn't leave me able to eat but a few bites. We had a blast. This was my husband & daughter's first cruise, & though my husband wasn't super excited about being on a moving boat (he was seasick the last day due to a rocky ride back to Jacksonville) they both would love to go back. I hope to go again next year.

Awesome Cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by JennZenn

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony Grand Suite

-The 80's show & Divas were fantastic.

Things I feel could've been improved upon:

JennZenn’s Full Rating Summary