3. Harmony of the Seas
So, let me preface this review by saying that I am NOT a cruiser. I’m more of a secluded, quiet, adults-only resort type of person. But I have children, and we all need to be happy on vacation, so we decided to take a cruise. We had been on a Disney cruise once before, which my children loved, but we were reluctant to pay that much again, so we decided to try Royal Caribbean. We chose it because it had a lot of options for active families and because their kids clubs are supposed to be good. With all of that said, here are my top take-always, again from the perspective of a non-cruiser. 1. GET THE SUITE. This is my best piece of advice for anyone who needs a little peace and quiet. We booked the Crown Loft Suite, which was a perfect amount of space for a family of four. Best of all, it came with 24/7 access to the suite lounge, which features its own sit-down restaurant as well as a bar serving complementary drinks and snacks. I probably spent about half of my waking hours in the suite lounge, and it was hardly ever full. 2. GET THE SUITE. I have to stress this twice, because I truly cannot imagine how I would have found a way to enjoy this cruise without all the benefits that came with being in a suite. We never waited in line for ANYTHING. If we wanted to eat, we were seated immediately in the suite restaurant. If we wanted to see a show, seats were held for us. If we forgot to book activities, the concierge handled it. When it was time to disembark, we were escorted off the ship directly to our bags with no wait. Seriously—it was like being a celebrity. The red carpet was rolled out for us everywhere. With a ship of 5,000+ people, I cannot stress what a difference it made. 3. GET THE SUITE. I know, I know. I just sound like a salesperson at this point, but I’m serious. If you have the means, DO IT. Even if you don’t think you have the means, DO IT. The value of all the extras practically makes up the difference in price: free drinks, free snacks, free internet, free luggage valet, guaranteed seats at every show, on-demand concierge services, access to a private beach on Labadee with complimentary loungers—the list goes on. If you value your time and don’t want to spend it standing in lines, the suite is the only way to go. Last tidbit of advice: if you have children, make sure you check the height requirements for all of the activities on board. We didn’t, and we were disappointed to learn that our younger child was too short for most things. Also, with the excellent food and spectacular view in the suite lounge, you really shouldn’t bother booking speciality dining. It’s not worth the surcharge.

Perspective from someone who is NOT a cruiser!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by ameyls

Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Crown Loft Suite
Cabin L1 1714
Loved, loved loved the crown loft suite. It looks like a swanky New York Loft styled by the Westin hotel. Having two bathrooms (one with a tub) made getting ready for the day so much easier. The layout is just perfect. We never felt cramped. The only thing I would change is to maybe take one or two chairs out. There seemed to be too much furniture.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins