3. Anthem of the Seas
Most staff appeared to not know answers to simple questions. Unlike most ships there were very few passenger activities with staff. At 10 AM there was a ton of stuff to choose from. After that really nothing much. I thought it was just my impression. But two different passengers, actually held there own activity after the crew member left. Most (if not all) the people stayed for the next two passenger led activities. On a 12 day cruise. the first two days the staff had a solo get together for lunch. WOW that is great. I told Hanna of Wales, who was the person in charge of activities, what a great thing this was. I repeat they only did it the first two days!!! I also told the staff member who was there for the solos to get together. She said she will tell her boss. NOTHING HAPPENED. The staff in the speciality restaurants -(except Wonderland) were not very attentive. I waited forever to get my dessert. It appeared as the restaurants get busy, there was not enough staff. The ship itself (except for passenger activities) was the best I have been on. The cabins were large, the storage space amazing, the bathrooms had nightlights. There were many pools. The solarium was amazing. Several pools were lower than 5 feet. The ship was very safety conscious. They even had lifeguards. However the muster drill (probably where everyone got sick) had 500 people in a space meant for 50. The room where we met was really overcrowded. They (I think - couldn't really see) only showed the same video that was playing in our room. They never said were the life jackets were, or how to put them on. In an emergency the space where we met would have been pure panic. Oh leaving the ship - they screwed up the luggage. At least two groups were affected. Mine was they brought the luggage cart onto the port and left it there. It was not brought to the number, the plastic wrapping the luggage was still on. Another group found that too much luggage was given the same number, so they just places the pieces along the wall. In either case nobody told us this. Oh lets not forget that the balconies were never cleaned. The chairs had sand, the glass that you look through while sitting on the sandy chairs were filthy. After a week they hosed down the balconies -that only made things worse- I think. I liked the ship, driving while not cheap, it was very easy to get there. In St Lucia - there were some excellent excursions found on the port.

Ship great, crew newbies?

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by like2cruise33

Most staff appeared to not know answers to simple questions.

The ship itself (except for passenger activities) was the best I have been on.

There were many pools. The solarium was amazing.

Several pools were lower than 5 feet.

The ship was very safety conscious. They even had lifeguards.

I liked the ship, driving while not cheap, it was very easy to get there.

In St Lucia - there were some excellent excursions found on the port.
like2cruise33’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

• Antigua
    There was supposed to be the (whisper device, the voice box) The guide who did not have a loud voice and could not be heard in a crowd did not bring them. In a quiet area she was interesting. She did a nice tour of the area BUT beware the street are an accident waiting to happen. They have open gutters with most of the grates missing. The sidewalk - if there were any, were mostly unpassable, And traffic sign are only a suggestion.
    Once you left the port area (only a block or so), there were normal stores, so if you had to buy something you could find the store and item you needed. While you could not charge , they accepted Dollars.
    View All 11,908 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Barbados
    The pier was a distance from the port, there were many FREE vans to get people to and from the port. I do not remember anything especially great or bad about the trip. The van was A/Ced.
    View All 1,507 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    I walked to the fort.
    View All 3,683 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Rainforest Tour
    I would have given it a higher rating BUT. Going, the driver was a great guide. On the way back, he turned on the radio to a talk show (if music I would have been OK with it) and just ignored his job. When we got there he gave us time to look around. Then we met by the huge tree. and started the tour. The first part was showing us the old sugar mill buildings THEN we went into the Rainforest..The walk was nice, at a decent pace, and distance. Then we went into a building for a snack. And for those addicted: there was excellent FREE WiFi. We were there a while, and the guide brought the bus to us.
    View All 38 Rainforest Tour Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    Just walked to town to keep busy. If you leave the port area , be sure to look across the street at the goats.
    View All 4,670 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews