Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Jessdontknow

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We chose this cruise (only our second) based on 1) Price, 2) Sailing Date and 3) Ports of Call. Suffice to say that we were very pleased with our choice. Adventure of the Seas is a big ship, but not TOO big. Myself and my companion have different tastes in what we enjoy on a cruise.

Me: sleeping in late, sauntering down to the pool at the crack of noon, having a frosty beverage or four, hot-tubbing, maybe (or maybe not) getting off at the ports, then finally waking up fully for the night-life, shows and the casino.

Him: up at the crack of dawn, early breakfast, wandering the ship before it gets crowded, off at every port for shopping and sight-seeing, enjoying a huge dinner, then to bed after the early show + maybe a quick stop at the casino.

This ship offered a great variety for both of us! I especially get a kick out of the poolside activities (line dancing, belly-flop competition, etc.) while he really enjoyed the ports....Labadee was his favorite. He is a savvy shopper and snagged some good pieces of art, clothing and a couple of watches in St. Martin and St. Kitts.

Even in the dead of winter, these ports are a safe bet for good weather....in fact our only cloudy and somewhat unpleasant day was the last when we were closing in on Florida. Not sure if a Bahama or Bermuda trip would have satisfied our need for sun coming from cold upstate NY January deep freeze.

Service was excellent all around and we were impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the overall cleanliness of the ship. Maybe they're faking it (as some suggest) but all of the crew we came in contact with seemed pleased to be working there and made it fun and enjoyable. It's not new, but it seemed well-preserved. There is plenty to do for every age group and plenty of places to enjoy some quiet if you wish. One quibble: we both wished that RC would have at least one sun deck with no piped-in music. It's a little too pervasive.

Jessdontknow's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

Spacious cabin with plenty of storage. Queen (I think) bed and balcony. The balcony is an old-style metal encased, which I liked better than the see-through plexi style. Very private and perfect to sit out and enjoy the sea. Incredibly quiet...we never heard a peep from either side neighbors and even shutting of doors was subtle. I would book this room again in a heartbeat. Can't remember the exact number, but it was on the mid-rear of deck 8 Port side.

Labadee

My companion loved Labadee! It was the perfect day for him....a lot of sun, couple of drinks, and some shopping. I stayed onboard.

St. Maarten

My favorite place in the Caribbean! Just spent the day touring up to Grand Case and then back down to Phillipsburg for shopping and food. Wonderful seaside grub.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

I'm into religious architecture and found the Anglican church (oldest in the carib) with it's pipe organ to be mesmerizing. There's a knowledgeable docent who was able to tell me a lot that I would have missed otherwise.

Jessdontknow