Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by RamblingKen
- Sail Date: February 2019
- Destination: Western Caribbean
Things we liked:
- Great Fine Line shows in the Aqua theatre and by the ice skating performers
- General Solarium area experience, including the bistro restaurant
- Service by room attendant was excellent and discreet
Things we didn't like:
- Food quality in the main dining room (Silk) was mediocre at best and terrible on occasion (e.g. inedible calamari / braised pork tips that were pure fat). Overall, the food standards have slipped from previous experience. Waiter service (Vince and Recuerado) was uniformly excellent.
- Main theatre show "Grease" seems very dated and the themes (teenage pregnancy, bullying) not very appropriate for current times. Singing by performers was weak in several cases.
- There were problems with shipboard IT services and there was insufficient IT support to help overcoming problems with the smartphone app
- Cigarette and cigar smoking was allowed and prevalent in the casino and on the poolside area on the starboard side.
- Sneaky $25 fee for non-return of pool towels is not well advertised. Also, the automatic 18% gratuity added to every drink - ouch!
- Park Cafe coffee was OK and not great as mentioned in other reviews
The itinerary was not our first choice but was taken as the preference of fellow travellers. The beach visit to the company's Labadee (Haiti) location was fine but not exceptional.
Falmouth, Jamaica is not very attractive outside the cruise port shopping "bubble" (and we walked through the slum areas to get to historic churches and fisherman beaches).
Cozumel was also not that attractive to visit on foot - we did not bother with any of the excursions as we had done these before on previous visits.
So overall, cruising on the "Harmony" was OK but not an experience we're likely to repeat.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email