3. Carnival Valor
This was our first cruise on the Fun Ships, we have sailed with other lines before. I will get to the point, this ship, and perhaps the entire Carnival line, is made for the 30 and under crowd and the college kids.

Please do not book the Valor if your idea is gourmet food, peace and quiet. However, if you enjoy the party lifestyle, this cruise is for you.

The majority of the ship was enjoyable. The room was a bit rough, the lampshades were ripped, one picture on the wall, cracked. Found our interior room warm and stuffy. Very clean ship and room.

Food was average, if you like buffet food you will have no complaints. The Washington dining room was average, portions rather small. I must rave about the optional Steak House !! For $30 per person you will get a 5 star meal, a must if you go. The breakfast was horrid, buffet style, stewed eggs, very boring. No complaints about the staff, they were first class.

Let me get to the point, the old saying says "you pay for what you get". Carnival seems to cater to the first time sailors and younger beer drinking crowd. The ship was full of drunks, our phone would ring at night with some drunk calling, we even had people who "had a few too many" knock on our cabin door in the middle of the night, lost. The hallways had the feeling of being back in college on a weekend bender.

I may give Carnival a second chance in the future, but with so many other options to sail and not be bothered with the rubes, who knows.

Spring Break on a Fun Ship

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by parker8735

parker8735’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4B 1341
Inside cabin 1341. Very quiet area. Beds pulled out from walls, can sleep up to 4. Banged head on overhead beds often. Very stuffy and warm at times. A lot of college kids on this deck, acting like college kids. Close to self serve laundry. Very clean.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Miami
    The ports of call were excellent, though expensive, please consider some sort of dolphin encounter...it will be a once in a life time event !!! Try to venture out side the port shops and experience the people who live there. The only port I did not enjoy was Grand Cayman, if you are not interested in an expensive Swiss watch or a diamond...stay on the ship. A word of caution, you will be in many 3rd world areas were safety is secondary. Please think twice about any risky activity such as diving, ATV's, motorcycles, etc.

View All 1,933 Miami Cruise Port Reviews