3. Carnival Horizon
Good: The ship has so many nooks and crannies and places to get away, there was always a way to party or take it easy. Loved the skyride and my kids loved the theater and the water slide/ ropes course/ sports complex. As far as bars go, we Adored Pig and Anchor enjoyed the presentation at the alchemy bar and had fun at the comedy club and ocean plaza bar. The service was outstanding everywhere, except maybe the red frog rum bar, but they are busy ALWAYS. Ivana makes the best bloody marys at Pig and Anchor, Marvin was our room steward and he did a great job of taking care of us. Ollie was our waiter in the dining room and he was always going above and beyond for our big group of 11. Schwartz was the best cruise director I've had on a ship, he made the parties great. Sea day brunch, guys burgers, blue iguana cantina were great. We stayed in the family harbor area and loved our room and the lounge was really helpful, especially on port days for eating breakfast or having a small lunch when it was late, and awesome that we didn't have to go to lido on debarkation for lunch. My kids also loved all the free movies. The ship was also very smooth. Lastly, it was the smoothest embarkation and debarkation ever. Bad: Our room was an ocean view family harbor deluxe. It was a nice size, but tight for 5 people. (Go figure!) It needed more storage also. A big downfall is the room was underneath the elevator on the third floor and it was loud EVERY morning. We ended up borrowing an ambient noise machine from my sister and it helped a little. Also, the ship has a confusing layout, and my husband never really figured it out. The pools were really small too. Food in dining room was hit or miss.

Great Ship, Great Service

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Family Harbor Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin FJ 2447
Loved the family harbor idea, and it was a large room with plenty of space for the 5 of us, but not enough storage. Also, our room was loud in the morning (5:30-7am) due to being below an elevator- come on carnival, use more insulation between floors! The family harbor lounge was very convenient, and never too busy.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins