Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by neyzle

• Sail Date: Jul 2009
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Overall, the Granduer was a good ship for first time sailings...but it was a little dated and mediocre. However, our cabin (JS) was gigantic. There were 3 dining options (Windjammer-buffet, Main Dining Room, and the Solarium cafe-hot dogs and burgers. The food was average in all three places...nothing to get excited about.

There were plenty of onboard activities, but mostly geriatric...alot of trivia games and bean toss relays. The dance club was empty most of the time. The pool/hot tub area and the solarium were both nice hang out areas...this is where we spent most our time.

The shows were mediocre...but expected. I wasn't disappointed because I didn't go into it thinking I was gonna see a Broadway caliber performance.

The best part of the ship was our room. If you can spring for the balcony or suites...do it! its def worth it. We really enjoyed lounging on our balcony and soaking up the sun. Both the room and balcony were oversized.

So in all, this is a ship that I'd recommend for the "ports"...don't get super excited about the ship itself...because there isn't a WOW factor atttached to this one. Its not a horrible ship...just not GRAND.

Would I sail on it again? Yes...but only for the ports of call and to just relax while onboard.

neyzle's Full Rating Summary