Britannia Cruise Review

P&O ARE A DISGRACE

Britannia Cruise Review by Shantel763

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

My family chose this Cruise specifically because P&O advised it was going to Antigua my mothers original birth place and to see the rest of my family, and celebrate my Sisters Wedding Anniversary as she got married on the Azura and hen night on Jolly Beach Antigua.

So a special and important Trip as it was also my Anniversay and my Brother in laws Birthday.

My Sister has also been diagnosed with a serious illness so a reaaly important cruise for her and the family and close friends, so the party of nine booked this cruise paid alot of money and counted down the days to the cruise

The cruise started off well the ship looked impressive on first glance, but on closer inspection for a so called new ship it needed a make over and good tidy.

Balcony suite we had was small and pokey, bits of rust in the bathroom and a strange smell of cats wee. Lido deck entrance was damp and had blowers on trying to dry it out for most of the trip.

So 3 days before the end of the cruise and the lovely island Antigua we should have docked in, we were told due to a technical issue we could not dock we were 4 miles away so we were going back out to sea and arrive in a day at Martinique instead.

Imagine the outrage by not only my family but most of the people on board, we were fobbed off, told it was too chopey to tender us out when it was not.

Then told we were the only ones who had complained. They wish

P&O Managerial staff were all contradicting them selves with different reason for not docking in Antigua when customers challanged them, the queue to the customer service desk was unreal, all we know was it was a technical issue.

When we met with the P&O Customer Service Manager to explain the importance of us going to Antigua, and my sisters diagnosis, we were told to look at the terms and conditions my sister left the room crying, the rest of the party were offered a drinks voucher for a house red or white wine to use in 2 days,we gave them back told P&O they need it more than us.

He also said there will be no chance of any financial recompense what so ever, very good customer service P&O!

Allegedly this is not the first time that they have missed out Antigua, according to people on the ship who sailed in January the same thing happened.

Why you have the same technical issue twice in two months, and how strange at exactly the same island each time.

While on the cruise P&O did a sponsored walk for teenage Cancer it was £10 to enter and £10 for a T shirt, I donated £20 did the walk with my sisters and brother in law and we all got the Tshirt.

They raised over £1200 in total no mention of P&O topping it up, just thought it was pretty ironic that they were raising money for teenage cancer, but a real life Cancer Patient in front of them with a genuine reason to see family in Antigua they could not care less about. shame on you P&O Shame on you.

P&O have made it quite clear that the customer does not matter, they are quite arrogant about it, they are a big company and what we complain about or do is of no concern to them.

The cabin staff and servers and bar staff do an excellent job, and work so hard to ensure your stay is a good one, without them P&O would be no where.

The Entertainment and Resturants were good along with the servic, our cabin steward was lovely and looked after us well

The Ports we went to were great apart from not going to Antigua and ending up ing Martinique which was not so good.

we went on one ship excursion only because you could only book it through the ship, otherwise we would not pay their riduculous prices.

We had beenon the Rhum Runner excursion before and it was great a fantastic day and beautiful beach in Grenada.

Would i use P&O No

Would i recommend P&O No

Is P&O value for money No

The Britannia in my opinion was over sold and under delivered for a so called new ship to the fleet.

So if you are thinking of a Cruise be very careful who you use.

Shantel763's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony F312

The Cabin was average not very spacious as I thought a balcony would be and paid for,

Shower was big so youu could move around, but then the outside space drying off, using the toilet and wash basin was very tight .

Balcony so called was very tiny it was big enough for two chairs and a table the size of a foot stool.

The Azura rooms and balcony was much bigger when we went several years back, i have done 4 cruises with P&O,

TRY IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Antigua

WE DID NOT GET TO ANTIGUA, 4 MILES AWAY AND TURNED BACK AND WENT OUT TO SEA, DUE TO A TECHNICAL ISSUE!!!

Shantel763