3. Carnival Glory
We chose this particular cruise because of the date and itinerary. First cruise for me and fourth for my wife. Problems with Carnival's transportation from the airport but great accommodation at embarkation! First impression: The Glory is a GORGEOUS SHIP! We had a fabulous balcony stateroom with excellent service. Food was fabulous at the main dining room (Platinum) and plenty of options for lunch every day. No excuse not to be happy with SOMETHING that was there! Lots of beautiful desserts and fruit too! We loved the couple that was assigned to sit with us every night in the dining room. 98% of our fellow cruisers were so much fun and wanted to be friendly and enjoy. The wait staff was superb and talented! We loved Adam (our main dining waiter) and the rest of the staff. Food quality and presentation was mostly superb. The buffets were of lesser quality but wide variety that can easily satisfy your appetite. We loved their lemonade!! There is so much to do on the ship. Now that I reflect back on the cruise, we could have spent the entire time on the ship and explore all the activities rather than go onshore and do excursions. We were going to get off the ship and do the tourist thing and support the local economies! We are disappointed that we never went down the tubes or went in any of the pools. We really liked how the Glory had a separate "Adults Only" section that we enjoyed to lay on the loungers and enjoy the beautiful views. Actually, the few children we saw on board were well behaved and a credit to their families. Quite a few infants and toddlers that were so cute. I personally did not like how the ship pushes alcohol especially in the form of shots during dinner times. They do not tell you it is an additional expense (I should know that by now) but you do get to keep the souvenir shot glass for $10. We had a fabulous excursion in Roatan Honduras! We did the snorkeling/beach excursion which included the skyrides - highly recommended! Not much to see as far as snorkeling but the water was gorgeous and staff friendly. We had a poor excursion in Belize. We bought the snorkeling excursion which required a long tender boat ride to the coral reefs. To our dismay, we already had a large group from the Glory and we picked up even more people from another ship! All in a boat too small for choppy water but I also understand it had to be small enough to let us get off and on from the excursion. Just way too many people on the excursion as a couple of people kept on running into me as I was snorkeling. Those people in back of the large group did not get the benefit on the one guide's statements. So we had about 20 minutes of actual snorkeling over the beautiful coral reefs with gorgeous fish and other sea life. Then we were brought back on the boat to the cove (island) for a break. Come to find out that was it and I was mad as I thought we got ripped off with such a short snorkeling experience! I wanted to go out by myself but I knew it was pretty far out from the island. It was windy but I still thought we should have had at least two passes through the coral and cut back on the number of people for one group. The de-embarkation was confusing as we had an excursion to the Everglades. Very long walk through customs and to the excursion which was very interesting and enjoyable.

Despite a few problems, we had a fabulous time with so many fun people!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by likesowls

likesowls’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6390
I am not sure of the balcony category but can say we loved our balcony stateroom 6390. VERY comfortable bed (we wanted to find out the maker of the mattress) to order one for home. The cabin steward and staff did an excellent job and fulfilled our wish for extra face cloths.
Sandy loved to read while on the balcony and it provided so many wonderful views.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins