3. Carnival Sunshine
We chose this ship to go on a cruise with some of the members of our car club. 5 couples chose this ship because of the itinerary. My husband and I have had 15 cruises total. Most with Carnival, a few with RC and 1 with Celebrity. The overall experience was excellent. The speed of embarking and debarking has much improved. We were off by 9:00 am (self) and made our 12 pm flight. The cabin steward, Blessing, really made our week, he new all 10 of our names within the first day! He was very cheerful. We had an interior(inside, inside) cabin, 4E category. It was much larger than the regular interior rooms. There was an improvement with the food in the main dining rooms. Only one night was my steak overcooked. Our head waiter Hadi was excellent! We asked for him every night, which meant waiting longer for a table. The one night we did not have Hadi we had a horrible head waiter. Entertainment has been the same for several years and I wish they would mix up the shows or add new ones. The comedians were good and the Magician/Illusionist had us hooked! The Piano Bar was a disappointment, she did not have a clue as to how to do a Piano Bar. She sang well, but she did not really entertain us like you should at a Piano Bar. She was too prim and proper, did not know many old favorites. The other bands were really nice to listen to after dinner. This ship DOES have self service laundromats. We rented a jeep on St Maarten and had a good time. But I suggest getting a GPS as the map is hard to follow. I thought we were on one side of the island when we were actually somewhere else. Leave time for coming back in to port as there is a lot of traffic with 5 ships in port! Our cruise director MIKEY was excellent and really made a great cruise. I don't know when he sleeps.

Repeat Cruisers with a Wonderful Experience

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by mustanggirl50

This ship DOES have self service laundromats.

mustanggirl50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 6203
Larger than most rooms, bigger shower but the bathroom area is the same size. Ample room for clothes. Stored the suit cases under the bed. Very close to one set of elevators and not too far from the others.
Cons: NO refrigerator Too close to the casino, right underneath us and you could smell the smoke in the hallway. Next time will go up to level 7. I brought my own hair dryer because I have really thick hair and the hair dryer supplied takes too long, however I could not plug it in because the placement of the outlet was too near the counter and
the large plug on the cord would not go in. Will make adjustments for next time. Also the cord to their hairdryer barely reaches the mirror.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Grand Turk
    Grand Turk is for beaching. On another cruise we rented scooters and drove around the old town. We were able to see how they lived, ate a local lunch.
    This cruise we did Margaritaville with the lounge chairs. It was nice but you have to get there really early to get a place with some shade. I think I might have preferred one of the places on the beach to lounge. More plentiful shade. And don't forget to walk down the beach and see the digging Labradoodles!
    View All 2,031 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Flew in the night before. Booked transportation and hotel room through GoPort Canaveral. A bit pricey but with 10 of us traveling we had to consider everyone.
    Takes about 45 minutes to get to the port. Very fast embarkation, nice room for waiting.
    View All 2,067 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    The lady at the information center was very helpful. We rented a 4 door jeep for the day for a total of $130.00. They give you a map of the small island but there are very little road signs or names of towns so it is very easy to get turned around as I did. Make sure you rent a GPS also. We were way off from where I thought we were, but we got back on the right track and drove around the island and had lunch near a Marina, there were some locals there selling their wares also. Very local food, it was excellent. Shrimp, Conch and rice. We did not have anything special in mind just to drive around and see the country side and have lunch. Leave plenty of time for the return trip coming from the airport area as it is congested. Their were 5 ships in port that day.
    View All 4,635 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews