Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

The Infinite Veranda is actually an oceanview with a picture window

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by dac50

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Veranda Stateroom

We looked forward to this cruise for well over a year from the date we ooked it in 2017, We watched with excitement everytime a new video was released getting closer to the launch. Then after the launch and a few sailings the reviews started comming in and most were very critical. It must be said that Celebrity has addressed some of these issues and as a result my expections have been improving after boarding.

The Pros: The food is great. I have eaten in almost every venue. We stayed in a sky suite the second week and it was night and day over the other categories

The Cons: We are on a back to back and the first week was in an infinate veranda. The room is smaller, the balconey even smaller yet. The window only worked about half the time. The automatic blinds came out of the track twice. The first time it took all day an 4 calls to guess relations and the attendant to get it fixed, We were docked next to other ships and were forced to get ready, changing clothes in full view of the other ship, since our blinds were frozen. Bottom line is i will never stay in another IV cabin.

In the Prime cut, the food was very good but at $65 per person i ould expect it to be. But what irritated me the most was on the Friday before th end it is lobster night. I wanted Surf and Turf, ordered many times at Murano, but they charged me an extra $20 for a second entree. I could have gotten a steak and lobster at most any of the regular resturants fo free.

Botyttom line is would I come back on the Edge, the answer is probaly noy, unless I could afford a suite.

The ratings below are for the first week in the IV cacin.

dac50's Full Rating Summary

Edge Veranda Stateroom
Cabin E1 7280

Oceanview with a picture window in my opinion,

Jost Van Dyke

Old boat, smell of diesel fuel was over powering at the back of the boat. Too many people. Promised three different stops, only went to one. He said the others were to rough. Would not recommend.

View All 109 Jost Van Dyke Reviews
Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Rented a "GEM" electric car and enjoyed the freedom to go all over. The downside is there is not much parking and you may still need to walk quite a bit after finding a parking spot.

dac50