3. Majesty of the Seas
I don't know what the (2V) means. My wife and I have been on our 10th cruise with RCCL and will continue to do so. I really thought this would not be a good trip since we usually are getting a balcony but I thought what the heck we do this one and the next one it's only 9 days we've been to the ports on the first leg of this cruise and our first back to back. The room was small but cozy and my wife and I survived yet in the future we will get a balcony we just need the room. Everything was great. We met a lot of nice people and our steward was awesome. Our shore excursions were only one in Key West (the second part of this cruise) and the rest were by private tours. The only problem I had with this was the back to back procedures which I feel should be reviewed and looked to change. We along with about 8 other passengers stayed on the ship for a back to back. Many reasons why we did that but mainly due to the fact we came from a long distance and need more cruise time than just 5 days. Upon our arrival back at Ft. Lauderdale for the second leg of our first back to back, (key word is "first") we were escorted last off the ship and taken to a waiting area. About 20 minutes later an officer of the ship came up and handed us an envelope with our new sea pass cards. Nothing else was in the envelope just our sea pass cards. And we were told to proceed to the ship. Nothing more was said or directed. So we were under the impression that our credit card was still valid on RCCL and the ship. Since we had a credit card for our onborad expenses and gratuities and didn't formally close out the account and our sea pass cards had our beverage package working, throughout the second leg we didn't think twice about the financial situation. The last night of the cruise we were given two separate invoices both of which were ambiguous and stated pretty much "if" you have a credit card and are fine with the charges everything is good to go. Well we had one and no one asked us to re swipe our cards. So based upon the good faith of how the first disembarkation took place it was more than reasonable to draw the inference that the charges were on the same card. Upon final disembarkation and being the 3rd group of over 17 groups to leave my sea pass card was flagged. I had to get out of line and go to guest services where there was already a 20 minute line waiting. That is when I found out that my card needed to be re swiped. Clearing the bill took about 30 minutes, it was as if she had to input each and every days charges separately. Then I was allowed to leave only to find out that it takes about 10 minutes for the transaction to clear their system so after fighting my way back to the front of the exit line and very frustrated that RCCL didn't have better procedures I was finally allowed to leave. I'm not over an hour delayed and then had to go through 17 other groups to get through customs which took an additional hour. I recommend that RCCL change their procedures a bit to avoid confusion with other first time back to back passengers who might encounter this inconvenience in the future. Instead of escorting the passengers to a waiting area for 20 minutes, take that time to either explain the financial rebording process or just walk them to the reception intake area to reinitialize all of their financial transactions and avoid the confusion in the future. And stop sending out invoices that are ambiguous. I know it's easier to have a canned statement but if someone owes then tell them, "YOU HAVE AN OUTSTANDING AMOUNT DUE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOW TO DISEMBARK". I understand the legal ramification of that statement however the first recommendation to walk back to back guests through the reboarding process though the intake desk would be the best solution and avoid all of the delays like this one in the future.

Great cruise bad back to back reboarding procedures.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by fkruman

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior
I don't know what the (2V) means.

fkruman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 4509
Small yet cozy. Great steward.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins