3. Harmony of the Seas
I booked this trip about six months ahead and we were super exited. I managed to book all our shows before we left and also booked our excursions ahead. We received an email a few days before we were due to sail explaining they are completing a deep clean and asked us not to arrive until 12. This was disappointing but we honoured this only to realise lots of people were onboard from 10:30am. Embarkation: We arrived about 12.30 and we were on the ship within about 20 minutes. After going through the scanners and having our picture taken (despite adding a photo ahead of arriving). The process was fairly smooth although I found they did not give us much information. For example, you need to go to your stateroom to collect your sea pass cards, you'll need these if you have a drinks package. The room also had our WiFi password. We were able to gain access to our stateroom straight away. Cabin: We stayed in 10510. The cabin was right at the front so had a large window overlooking the helipad. The room was so large compared to my inside cabin on Allure. I'm sure you've read the reviews on what the cabins have but for me our cabin location was great. Fairly close to the stairs, it was the end of the ship with the gym, theatre and Solarium. The MDR is the opposite end of the ship so we had a nice stroll along the Promenade grabbing a drink ahead of dinner. Our Stateroom Attendant was amazing! He's name was Raymond from Grenada and was the kindest man we've ever met. MDR: We dined in the MDR most evening and this is where some of the issues were. We had My Time dining and each time we went regardless of the time, we had to wait for a table often in excess of half an hour. When we finally had a table, often it was rushed as we had a show to get to. On three occasions, we were escorted to the table to find out it hadn't been cleared from the last guest. By the third time, I was very annoyed and had to voice this. We were offered to eat from the specialist options and whilst it was a nice gesture, I would have preferred to just have good service. The food quality varied greatly. Twice we ordered dishes with goats cheese in it and it was barely anything there. I had the tuna steak and this was very poor. Whilst I was offered another option, we didn't have time as we had a show. The desserts were great. I loved the carrot cake and the chocolate cake. Windjammer: I loathe the buffet. It is always so busy and so many kids touching everything or sneezing all over the food. They have installed sinks first so you do have to wash your hands but often when parents have kids, they just walk through. We only came here for breakfast twice but both times it was busy and we had to wait a while for a table. Solarium Bistro: We came here for breakfast and lunch a few times. healthy options, less children and ample seating. The food was very nice, especially the desserts. If you want an alcoholic drink, you need to bring a drink in but they offer the usual free drinks. Sorrento's: Excellent pizza. We had a slice late one night and it was great (well what I can remember!). Park café: Nice spot for a quick breakfast. I thought they did the specialised coffee as per Allure but sadly not. Café promenade: The service here was terrible. Every server was so rude however it was one of the few places which did the specialist coffees. Vitality café: This was perfect for a pre-workout shake and a post work-out coffee. The line was often long but it was worth it. All the places we went for drinks was brilliant. So many good cocktails. The Bionic Bar was fun to watch and I loved going on the Rising Tide bar late at night. Vintages in central park was always quiet so if you wanted a nice romantic spot, this would be a good option. Grease: This show was amazing! We watched it on the first night and the casting was fab. Sadly the sound kept going quiet but it was still a good show. Comedy show: This was also very good, not as funny as on Allure but still a good show. Vocative: This show was brilliant - such talented singers. The Fine Line: This was incredibly disappointing. We got there early and had a reservation but there was no where to sit so we ended up sitting by the climbing wall. The acrobatics were also quite disappointing. I thought here would be more dives, perhaps there were but we left about half way through. Don't sit in the front three rows unless you want to get wet. We had also reservations for Columbus and the ice show but we didn't make these. It's difficult to see everything, some evenings we just wanted a slow dinner and a drink. There are so many activities onboard. We tried the Flow rider twice and found most of the staff very unhelpful with offering advice, there was only one man who was so good with directing people (wish I got his name sorry). We did the climbing wall, there's no need to sign a waiver now so just take socks and they provide the climbing shoes. The gym was excellent. Plenty of equipment and lots of people who clearly never go to the gym but at least try on holiday. My boyfriend is a Physiotherapist so he kept pointing out how bad the moves were. He did go to the aid of one gentleman who fell off the bench by putting the wrong weight on. The pools were always very busy and you see the usual people leaving towels all day and not using them. This is very disappointing and I think the staff should remove towels after 30 minutes. Even when we went to lunch, we would take our towels up so others could use the beds. There was an issue with my pre provided credit card information not being transferred over to our booking so I had to take time out of our holiday to go sort this. The lines were always crazy long at Guest Services so this was really poor. We had three port days and below is what we did. Labadee: I started the morning with beach yoga - this was a joke. I do yoga at home and it as not yoga at all. The app did not say there was a charge for this however I was charged $14. I left before the 'class' ended as it was that bad. They said it would be 8:00-8:30 however the gangway didn't even open until 8:30 so we were not starting the class until 8:50am. I had to change our zip line time because of this delay. The zipline was great fun. We were the first to go so it was good being able to do our ride then head off. Lunch on the island was ample. The meat and salad was good but I was so shocked at how high people pile their plates then throw away. There are people on the island starving and sadly there are far too many greedy guests throwing food away. The beaches are very rocky so take water shoes. We loved the floating bar in the sea. This had a great view over the zip line. We did venture into the village to do some shopping. I first bought some magnets from the main building then we walked through the village. It was very crazy with lots of people asking you to view their goods. I expected this and I would simply so no thanks and walk on if I wasn't interested. My boyfriend is very friendly so often he got stuck talking to the shop owners whilst I tried to get him along. Jamaica: We booked a private tour with Jamaica Phil (google him he was great!). he picked us up from the independent sellers section which is in the car park (just walk through). He then drove us and another two girls from the cruise to Ocho Rivers to the Blue Hole. This was a great trip and involved walking through streams and jumping from platforms. The highest was 20ft (I didn't do this) but I did the 15ft and loved it. There were also so great photo opportunities. Cozumel: We booked to go to Xcaret. This involved taking a tender boat to the mainland which took 40 minutes then a 20 minute bus ride. We were in the park by 10:30am and was collected to leave at 3:45pm. This allowed enough time to swim the underground rivers, stop for lunch and snorkel with sea turtles. There was lots of wonderful things to do such as the butterfly house and aviary. Disembarkation: We were informed if we wanted to walk our own luggage off the ship then we needed to leave by 7:30am so we opted for them to collected our luggage the night before. Sadly lots of people didn't follow this rule and they were taking their luggage off so the elevators were more full with luggage than people. Everything shuts down on the last day. We indented to go to the gym but this was closed so we went for a jog however this was partially closed to allow people off the ship. We had a last breakfast at Windjammer as it was the only place open until 8:30am but of course this was manic so sadly it wasn't a relaxing finish to the follow. The customs line was very long (as expected I guess) but we were off the ship within 30-40 minutes. Overall, we did have a great cruise but sadly the poor service and some meals has made me consider trying another cruise liner.

Wonderful experience but sadly some issues with customer service and food

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by beckyboo1986

The desserts were great. I loved the carrot cake and the chocolate cake.

Vocative: This show was brilliant - such talented singers.

We had three port days and below is what we did.

beckyboo1986’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6N 10510
Excellent cabin. Plenty of space and a great view over the helipad. Also you may have Raymond as your Stateroom Attendant as he was incredible!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins