3. Majestic Princess
In spite of having iffy reviews, This cruise was sold out several weeks before the sail date. I think it's because even though most cruise lines have become annoying with their nickel and dime tactics, it's still the most comfortable way to visit several places without spending time on travel from one destination to another and packing and unpacking luggage every day. I take cruises for just that reason. I always ignore it and don't fall for the games when cruise lines try to get the better of me (or my money) while on the ship. Majestic did a few things to annoy me. Bottle of water prices are ridiculous. Pizza restaurant Alfredo's is free, but you are only allowed to eat your meal inside the restaurant and cannot take leftovers with you. I suspect it's because there is a $3.00 room service charge for pizza and the ship would loose out on those funds if everyone were to order their pizzas for pickup. Very petty and annoying. In the casino, the roulette betting was misleading. The table displayed "$2 to $50" chips, but minimum bet was $10.00. Prices of the specialty restaurants were outrageous. I would pay $40 extra per couple for a special meal, but not twice that much. I was told that the Aussies pay more per person than those of us from the United States. The reason for this is since the Aussies generally do not pay gratuities, their cruise fare has the daily per person gratuity built in whereas US citizens (and probably others) pay the lower fare but are charged a daily gratuity on their shipboard account. The ship was a typical cruise ship with all the glitz and glamour. Staff were very very nice and made sure your trip was great. In spite of the annoyances, it was a great cruise and shore excursions were excellent. It boils down to whether you are willing to pay or ignore the extra costs. I always go in knowing that the total fare is going to be more than I paid. One interesting note for those who try to save on the cost of alcohol - On the Australia cruise, we ordered the room service spirits. Even though the little bottles were expensive - about 20.00 AUD each- for 375 ml - they were still way cheaper than buying a drink at the bar (14.00 or so AUD per drink]. Over the course of 12 days of drinking that is a lot of savings.

Sold out cruise despite bad reviews

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by birdsofplay

birdsofplay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB R327
The cabin was spacious and comfortable. Plenty of room for 2 people. Balcony was a bit smaller than other ships we had been on. We traveled with someone else that was in cabin R323 and were able to open up the balcony divider which gave us more room. Bed was comfy.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins