3. Pride of America
This was our first cruise. My husband and I went with my brother and sister-in-law who had been on a cruise before. It was suggested that we take the cruise out of Honolulu as that way we would get to experience more time on the Islands of Hawaii. Overall it was a great experience! We had a room with a balcony which made it so nice to be able to open the door and listen to the waves as we set sail to another island. We also got ample opportunities to take sunset pictures which were breathtaking! The bathroom was a little tight maneuvering around, especially for my husband who is a fairly large man. We disembarked onto the islands at every opportunity. We found that talking to natives on the islands provided us with the best prices for exploring the many attractions it had to offer. We save over 40% off what the ship prices provided and we got the experience of the people that live on the islands. Disembarking and embarking went pretty smoothly. You always have to have your ship card on your person as well as a photo id to get on and off the ship. There was many different food offerings on the ship. The buffet was pretty good. It offered the biggest variety and there were several stations serving the same food so that lines were minimal, even at the busiest hours. We did eat at a couple of the restaurants that were not included in our package, and I would say the Steakhouse was the best meal we had on the ship!! The service was excellent and the food was phenomenal. There was a crew member who sprayed your hands with hand sanitizer any time you entered the food buffet area. I reasonable precaution given all the people on board and hearing of illnesses on past ships. The Cruise Director was so friendly, enthusiastic and informative. There was plenty to do on board the ship. Entertainment included comedy shows, magic shows (for adults and children), plenty of music and dancing that varied each night as well. Also, other types of entertainment that involved the travelers such as a "Not So Newlywed Game" which was very funny! Given all the free food offered, I was glad to see this ship had a wonderful fitness center that included many of the latest treadmills, elliptical machines and other fitness equipment as well. I used them daily!! The pools were clean and we also enjoyed the experience of the Jacuzzi and meeting new friends!! Overall, our cruise on the Pride of America was a dream come true for my husband and myself. We would definitely go again, and I would recommend this trip to any of my family and friends!

Our First Cruise was AMAZING!

Pride of America Cruise Review by kumbrello

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

kumbrello’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 8596
Room was just fine since we didn't spend much time in it other than to sleep & shower. LOVED having the balcony, though! It was nice to sit out there and take in the ocean air and just listen to the waves. We also got to watch the sunset a number of times right from our room as well as a great view of the Na pali Coast waterfall - just amazing!!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Falls & Caves
    Got to go down into the caves, but not as far as we'd like due to the rain which made it difficult to walk around (very slippery).
    View All 8 Falls & Caves Reviews
  • Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
    The only downside is that it did pour all day, so the volcano excursion was not as visible as it could be on a clear day!
    View All 131 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews
  • Waimea Canyon
    Alex actually flew to Kona the day before and booked us on this excursion which covered the Waimea Canyon as well as some other hot touristy spots. The tour guide was very information and personable. We also were taken to a "blow hole" as well as some beautiful waterfalls and scenery.
    View All 123 Waimea Canyon Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    The Snorkeling company fitted each of us separately to ensure the equipment fit up properly. We saw many beautifully colored fish, sea urchins, etc. We did not get to see any turtles - many too many tourists chased them away??
    View All 71 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The best tour guide we had on our trip by far! Richard new everything about the island including areas to avoid (because of things like falling rocks) and he took us to all the interesting sights and we spent adequate time at each place to really enjoy them. Also, it was a small group of 8, so it made the experience more quaint and enriching!
    View All 18 Island Tour Reviews