3. Carnival Sunshine
First of all, the good things. Our cabin steward Lamphong, Matt from the casino and our head waiter Pablo were exceptional. Always doing their best to make you smile. We ate in the steakhouse 2 times because it was so good. Also Guys Burgers is awesome. Now the not so good. We were late getting into port in Ocho Rios which I guess snowballed people getting off for excursions. They herded a couple of thousand people into a small building with tour people trying to yell instructions over the din. Very very unorganized. It was unorganized in all the ports. They need to find a better way. (Celebrity/Royal Caribbean does a great job). After arriving to our room (an aft balcony) we asked for robes and were told there were not enough on board for everyone. Who does that? And this is the second Carnival cruise in which we purchased a wine package and they ran out of my wine. Hubby prefers Merlot and I prefer Pinot Grigio. They ran out of Pinot on the last evening on two trips. Makes no sense to me. Another thing is Carnival does not have anywhere on their website to post comments. Afraid? Carnival is okay. We had a good time. They just need a little improvement in some areas.

Some things exceptional, some not

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Oceansmymotion

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Oceansmymotion’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 8339
Room was nice Typical. Balcony space was nice. Couldn’t get a robe. We were told they didn’t have enough.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins