3. Nieuw Amsterdam
We were terribly disappointed with the entertainment. The worst in all the cruises I have taken. This was our first with Holland American and never again. This was a cruise suitable for very old people. The best entertainment was the Filipino cruise members show. They put up a voluntary show. I must also mention one of Lido restaurant staff Amelia, she was helpful and very nice. She also did a great show. There was a lack of entertainment for younger people. We never met a single young person from the entertainment team beside the cruise director. All in all not a happy experience. The staff in our allocated dining area were absolutely wonderful and helpful. I found quite disrespectful to be called by my Cristian name by the cabin steward. In Europe we are not used to that or at least I am not. Not very good room service at all

Awful entertainment

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by chantaldee

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

The staff in our allocated dining area were absolutely wonderful and helpful.

In Europe we are not used to that or at least I am not.

Not very good room service at all
chantaldee’s Full Rating Summary