3. Anthem of the Seas
We cruised out of Bayonne because it is only about 2 hours from our home. Embarkation was quick and organized and we were through security and on the boat within 15 minutes. Our room was ready by 1pm. We had a balcony room on the 7th floor that had a pull-out couch (we traveled with our 4 year old) and plenty of storage. Our room steward was always friendly and efficient. They work so hard. We mostly ate at the Windjammer because it was the easiest option with a young child. Breakfast was delicious everyday. Dinner was hit or miss but there was so many options, we were always able to find something. We did eat in the MDR twice for dinner and the food was great both times. I do wish there were more options for snacks during off times. We went on the North Star on the last sea day of our cruise. It was cold and grey outside. I would definitely recommend trying to do this during one of the port days - I’m sure it would have been a much more enjoyable experience had we done that. We went to 2 shows - Spectras Caberet and We Will Rock You. We Will Rock You was excellent. A previous reviewer of the ship said this show was x-rated. That is not the case at all. There were a few sexual innuendos but nothing too bad at all. We brought our 4 year old and never felt that it was too inappropriate. He says this show was his favorite part of the cruise! With over 4000 people on board - the ship rarely felt crowded. The only time we really noticed the crowds were on the warm sea days where there didn’t seem to be enough chairs to go around. There were a ton of kids on board - many more than I had expected and it seemed many were left unsupervised which was a little off putting. We loved all 3 ports.. Port Canaveral - we went to Magic kingdom for the day and used Royal Caribbean’s transfer. I was worried we wouldn’t have enough time in the park (7 hours) but we were able to get on all the rides we wanted to and had a really great day. Nassau - we went to Blue Lagoon Island for the day. Beautiful Island but I felt the excursion was a bit too short. It was supposed to be 5 hours but things seems a bit disorganized at the pier which cut it down to 4 hours. We had booked a sting ray encounter which was cancelled unfortunately. Since it was cancellled, we were issued a full refund for the day so we ended up getting to experience this day for free. The boat ride to and from blue lagoon island is really pretty - you can’t beat the pretty blue water! Coco Cay - this was our favorite stop. This island is so pretty. The construction is nowhere near complete and I was a bit worried about the construction noises/view but you don’t even remember it’s there within a few minutes. We walked all the way to the far end island (by the floating bar). You can walk all the out into the ocean - maybe 1/3 mile and see lots of fish swimming all around you. Later in the afternoon, when the tide started to come in, we started seeing a lot of reef sharks and large manta rays swimming all around us in the open water. Probably one of the. coolest things I’ve ever experienced. IF your ship isn’t able to stop hear due to the weather - please know that it’s for your safety. It was a relatively calm day when we went and getting on and off the tender was pretty scary. At one point, the bridge that you walk on to get to the tender rocked so hard that the people on it almost fell off! We didn’t utilize the kids club at all but a lot of other families did and they seemed much more relaxed than us! Next time, I think we’ll try it out. We had to go to guest services twice (not for issues with the ship or for complaints) and there wasn’t a line either time and the people working that department were very helpful. All in all, it was a great vacation! We can’t wait to book our next cruise!

Great time!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Jmgarrison84

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We loved all 3 ports..

All in all, it was a great vacation! We can’t wait to book our next cruise!
Jmgarrison84’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 7287
Great, spacious room with pull-out sofa and plenty of storage! There was a life boat directly below our deck so there wasn’t a clear view of the water if we looked down but the view was still great.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins