3. Norwegian Bliss
Here is my review of the Norwegian Bliss. I just sailed in February. For anyone who has sailed the Getaway or the Escape, the Bliss is very similar. She is quite large and beautiful. Some changes from the Escape-Ocean Blue is back (never tried), Moderno is gone (never tired but friends had like it a lot) and BBQ and Mexican restaurants have been added. I knew there was an observation lounge-but was not prepared for how expansive and amazing it is. It is has a wow-factor. Also, if you find yourself looking for a place to enjoy conversation and cocktails without live music (as I had that issue at every bar on a sailing of the Epic in 2018), the observation lounge would be a great place to head. Also, good for playing cards or board games-has its own bar too. Embarkation was ok-NCL did not seem prepared for its Plantinum+, as it did not have the special check in area ready and never came to pick up the Platinum+ for boarding (as I was later told is the normal process). Also, things have gotten out of hand with so many items needing to be purchased onboard or reserved onboard (dining, passes, laser tag/go cart bookings). NCL needs a new process before someone gets hurt trying to get onboard to reserve dinners, book a spa pass, etc. Personally, I suggest letting people buy online and hiking the prices for passes. I had lunch day 1 at Taste-delicious! Love their fish n chips (also great at the Local (pub)). My cabin (a studio cabin) was nice. They have shrunk the beds to what essentially feels like a twin. This is a deal breaker for me. I do not feel any adult should have to sleep in a twin. After my sailings on the Encore next year, I can’t see myself sailing the Bliss or Encore unless I can avoid the studios or they replace the beds with adult-appropriate beds. Reportedly, some had complained they need more room to move around (seems as if NCL is catering to the aging). The studios now have virtual windows showing outside. Mine did not work for part of the sailing-no big deal to me. I would rather they bring back the mood lighting available on the Escape. The Studio corridor was also very wood decor-versus more neon and colorful like the prior ships’ studio corridors. My steward was good-no complaints. Food-La Cucina was good-enjoyed a ravioli meal. Cagneys was great-filet was amazing. The main dining room menus have changed slightly-not too impressed. Very upset that they dropped the Chicken Parm-that should be an every day option. Garden Café and Pub were both good-especially the pizza and fish n chips. Entertainment-this is still an area NCL where lets me down. I feel they cater to an older crowd. I did not see Jersey Boys but a friend around my age (30s), had not enjoyed it and those who I’ve heard give it good reviews have been older. This is a theme I’ve noted over the years (ex: Million Dollar Quartet). Someday, NCL may start catering to their 40s and below cruisers. I did not get to any comedy shows (which I regret). NCL has a new app (which appears good)-but did not allow me to see which comedian I was booking-so that is something they need to work out. That said, I wish I’d made time for the comedy-usually enjoyable. Next cruise! Deal or No Deal was fun-as usual. The free cruise giveaway has been reduced to 5-day cruise (raffled off at Bingo)-disappointing and probably not worth missing tanning time to enter. Even 7-days is not enough! The Bliss has added laser tag and go carts-which to me is space that should be used for more sundeck chairs. Plus, it attracts children-not a demographic important to me. Spice H20 appears slightly smaller. The hot tubs by the pool have been moved to the deck above the pool on this ship. There appeared to be two adult pools (honestly I spent no time by the pools as that chaos is not something I enjoy). I do think putting the hot tubs on 17 makes the deck that people walk/jog on a bit too wet. White Hot Glow Party is no more. I did not check out its replacement (Caliente?). I hope they bring the white glow party back by popular demand. Overall, staff were amazing, as usual! Love Maltings Bar and my friends seem to really like the Mojito bar. I made new friends-courtesy of the solo program. Observation lounge is massive and a beauty. Can’t wait to cruise again!

Another wonderful week on NCL

achristl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1
My studio was nice but the smaller (essentially twin size) beds are a deal breaker. Not appropriate for adults. I love NCL overall -that is just a deal breaker for me. they also should bring back the mood lighting available on the Escape.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins