3. Adventure of the Seas
We had a great time. Few things about the ship really blew us away, but it really was a nice trip. Embarkation- The line was as long as the ship. It took us about an hour to get from the end of the line all the way to the boat. The line moved slowly but really, it wasn't all that bad. Public Rooms - Everything seemed clean and organized. It obviously wasn't a new ship, but I was impressed with how everything was maintained. Cabins - We had an interior room and it was exactly as we expected. Tiny. We unpacked as much as we could, but I still got the feeling the stateroom attendant was trying all week to put our things away for us. I don't think the room had the same standard of cleanliness as the rest of the ship. There were some hairs in the bathroom from old cruisers and the sheets were not up to my normal hotel clean standard. Also, the door on the safe cupboard was falling off, so that was a bit annoying. Dining - I really wasn't impressed by the food, but that wasn't a big cruise draw for me so I'm not too upset about it. I don't eat meat and there were very very few options in the WindJammer for me. The dining room was a bit better, but many non meat options seemed like an after thought. I didn't go hungry, but I'm not coming home craving more RC food. Entertainment - The shows were cute but after two dance shows and one ice show we were over it. Nothing to write home about, but something fun to fill a few hours. Shore Excursions - We had a blast snorkeling in Aruba and scuba in St. Thomas. We did the Best of Dominica tour and that was fun, but a lot of time on the bus. Kayaking in Curacao was fun but there wasn't much to see, I wouldn't do that one again. Overall, we were happy with the price and had a blast. Nothing blew us away and nothing was a big disappointment. As for other comments about Puerto Ricans on the cruise - Get over it people. Everyone on the boat was having a great time and my Michigander husband and myself felt like we fit right in on the ship. No one was overly loud or rude or anything like that. Having the mix of Spanish and English on the ship was fun and reminded my how far from home we were.

Great for a first time cruiser

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by bookeepers