3. Norwegian Pearl
This was my 4th year in a row sailing aboard this ship for a themed cruise run by Norwegians company sixthman. TERRIBLE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR THIS YEAR! The staff was rude and careless! Sewage issues on decks 4 and 10... lets start there. Plastic bags being suspended from the ceilings filled with human waste!!! Pool towels on the floor to capture any spillage. As if that wasn’t bad enough there was no announcement to avoid the areas! And when we walked down the hall we were told to “walk around or duck under the bags”! How in the world is that sanitary?! What happened with those pool towels? Were they laundered or discarded?! Cause when it comes to issues where you’re dealing with BIOHAZARD MATERIAL there are saftey precautions that need to be followed! I have a picture of this posted on my Twitter @kco8586 We go to the Irish pub for food and I order a potato soup... the server brought out seafood gumbo and put it in front of me without saying a word. I’m HIGHLY ALLERGIC TO SEAFOOD! When I asked him where the potato soup I ordered was he told me “oh we switched to the dinner menu so the soup is this now”. How dangerous and careless to do! On top of that he was rude when I explained to him that I was allergic to seafood and would prefer a salad. After that we never saw him again. He had another server drop all of our entrees. Never checked on us. Then, we go to a very popular event on this particular cruise called “dirty bingo” and event security pushed my one friend into a seat and said “you’ll sit where I tell you” then the same guy lunged at my other friend as she was taking a picture. He grabbed her by the wrist and threw her arm down! This is completely and totally unacceptable behavior by any security team! Then to add insult to injury when speaking to another member of the security team at the night club we were informed that this wasn’t the mans first offense when it came to being physical with cruisers! To add insult to all the injury the very last night we leave the silent disco looking for food. To our astonishment we exited the elevator to see two of our celebrity guest standing in front of the closed buffet doors. Only to tel us they were hungry and there was no food. We proceeded down to the Irish pub as we knew they do a late night buffet and low and behold no food. When we asked the person mopping the floor they told us to leave. No explanation nothing! At this point frustrated, thirsty (all hydration stations were away), and hungry our group of about 10 went to the front desk. This was the final straw for me. When asking why there was no food or beverages being served we were told the entire ship was being shut down and sanitized for the guests boarding the next morning!! HELLO! What about the guests standing in front of you still aboard the ship that paid thousands to be there?! Then the rude and snide woman told us to order room service and take drinks from the mini fridge! How exactly do you order room service if all the kitchens are shut down?! And why should we have to acquire extra charges on our rooms when we have paid for the drink packages and the “freestyle dining and 24 hours buffet”? How ridiculous! After 2.5 hours of arguing and asking for a manager this very unhelpful woman got a a member of sixthman staff. This guys name was Matt. Matt was condescending and rude. He talked down to us. His was of rectifying the situation was to give us ring dings and chips. Thousands of dollars on a trip and I’m given ring dings and chips! Unreal! I have since reached out to sixthman and their staff continued to be rude and gave me the run around on everything! It was the blame game for them. Everything was NCL’s fault! Funny considering Sixthman is owned by NCL! Needless to say this is my last cruise with NCL and Sixthman! The last 3 years were amazing but this one was definitely enough to make me never ever go back!

Terrible is an understatement

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by koneill8586

koneill8586’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 11585
Our cabin was average but or steward was above average! Actually he was the only excellent factor of the trip
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins