3. Royal Princess
We arrived the day before into Fort Lauderdale late in the evening. We reserved a hotel nearby that offered shuttles service. WHAT ZOO. Skip shuttles and get an UBER or taxi. We flew southwest and their terminal was so disorganized. NOT a great way to start a vacation. In the morning we decided to take an UBER to the Port. As it turns our the Royal was not in its usual location so we lost 45 minutes in crazy traffic getting to the right place. Once we arrived at the pier things ran so smoothly I was breathless. From exiting the UBER to drinking champagne was less than 45 minutes!! Once on board we rushed up to Deck 17 to reserve our cabanas at the Retreat Pool. We chose this ship because of the private "adults only" areas and the lack of "water park" and kid focused activities. We spent most of our days on Deck 17 at the Retreat Pool and Sanctuary. We reserved a cabana at the retreat pool area on days when we were in port and did not intend to go ashore and the Sanctuary on sea days (sea days can be very windy and in the sanctuary there is wind protection. *IMPORTANT*cabanas and the sanctuary fill up quickly. Once on the ship, go immediately to Deck 17 to the Sanctuary Desk - do not dilly dally- go! Our favorite days on the ship were the days in port when we never got off the ship! This area of the ship is perfect for small business owners like us who work 7 days a week except Thanksgiving and Christmas. On port days this area was nearly empty. So Quiet, Peaceful, Perfect. The two specialty dining areas were great - we regret not reserving more dinners there because the main dining food was hit or miss. Mostly miss..I was surprised. This cruise was 14 days and the second week was essentially a repeat of the week before. This was helpful because we knew which nights to avoid. We met many people at the main dinner tables and I heard many express disappointment in the food. I suggest that Princess list the dinner menus in advance in the Medallion App for the whole cruise so that guests could plan in advance to eat elsewhere on the lackluster days. We did a "wine dinner" and the Lumiere Chef's Table. The food was excellent and abundant, the service was excellent. I highly recommend these two dinners with one big caveat **the wines served at these dinners in no way measured up to the caliber of the food.** To be fair the wine was abundant and every other guest at these events seemed to enjoy the wines - except us. If you are a "wine person" I highly recommend Sabatini's and any special events and tastings that are offered there. They have an amazing list of Super Tuscan wines. We were not impressed with the majority of entertainment with exception of the Comedienne. The first run movies and Movies Under the Stars was perfection. We even experience a rare lunar eclipse while on board. Breakfast Room service was had very limited options. Only "hot" option was an egg sandwich that was awful. The folks in the suite next to us had a balcony breakfast every morning that I envied;( Best Embarkation, Best Cruise, WORST Disembarkation EVER It was such a disaster that its spoiling my great memories of a near perfect vacation. We have booked this same cruise next year, but on the Regal in a cabin on deck 16 forward.

AWESOME - Some Days We Felt Like There Were Only 100 Guest on the Ship - Peaceful

Royal Princess Cruise Review by GriffenSunshine

GriffenSunshine’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DA
We were on the 10th floor at the back of the ship in a nice balcony room. Based on our interest we always seemed very far away from things because we spent much time at the retreat pool and the sanctuary at the other end of the ship. The central Atrium creates challenges in that so times we needed to take multiple elevators to get to the main dining rooms.

This was by far one of our best vacations ever. Next time will chose forward location and we are sure this will work better for us.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins