3. Norwegian Epic
I was on the Epic Fail cruise of 2019. This cruise was best with problems that I mostly, luckily, avoided. I got to the terminal early and was checked in and seated in about 20 minutes total, very efficient. I was also among the first hundred regular people on the ship. Here is where the problems started. There was a "computer glitch" which inconvenienced me in that the servers were slower because they had to write everything down. What I didn't know was that this glitch was keeping people from boarding the ship. Huge crowds waiting in the terminal for about two hours, dodged that bullet. A little about me, I am 50 year old male traveling solo with an group of disc golfers. I have taken about twenty cruises now, mostly on NCL. I love cruising and try to cruise twice a year. I ate in the specialty restaurants almost the whole week, I never went to the buffet. As a solo I tested the freestyle concept and was pleased with the results. I purposely didn't make reservations and was still seated in Moderno inside ten minutes! The food as always was fantastic, and I choose new entrees from what I usually do to expand my pallet and was very pleased. Back to the ship, so day two we lost motor power and sat in the ocean for a couple hours. Then we slowly limped into port and crashed into the pier. My friends and I made lemonade out of the situation and went to a beach resort had beers and played putting games. Even before we left port I knew we were not making the private island, distance divided by speed means nope, so when they announced we were getting in to PC late I was laughing. Finally there was the fiasco with the arrival time. Originally told it was going to be eightish everyone scrambled to change flight plans, the next day we find out it is more like three-ish when we get in and everyone scrambles again. I drove so I didn't have to deal with that, but the level of negativity on the ship rose to astounding heights. There is a reason the ship docks at 5am, having people camped out in all the public areas waiting to get off and getting angrier all the time is probably one of the bigger reasons. I saw a woman forcing people to look at her kittens and puppies to keep them from getting angrier. Overall my worst cruise hands down, communication from the bridge was inexact and only occasional. I never saw the Cruise Director once after the first mechanical. The comedians were eating it up and hilarious but it really wasn't that funny. Finally Epic is not the ship to be stuck on, with its small outside areas and persistent smoke smell inside I was more than ready to get off the ship and that has never happened before.

Booze cruise to PR

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Splat Inc

Splat Inc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11526
They still need to put one mattress instead of two in the cabin. I found myself forced into a sleeping position I found uncomfortable.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins