Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by SKoniar

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

I cruised NCL last year on the Breakaway. The only thing I missed about the Breakaway was the Brazilian restaurant. Besides that - everything about the Bliss was better. I was never far away from food or a bar. I'm a non-smoker and Bliss was a very pleasant surprise! Breakaway allowed smoking in almost every area and was always inundated with smoke - NOT SO on the Bliss! We were able to avoid the smokers all together (they were camped at the bar on the back of the ship and in a very closed off area in the casino); in this way - Bliss was very much a blessing!

I had the drink package - something I wouldn't recommend for everyone - but it was worth it for me (it was included in our package). It was nice to just get drinks anytime / every time I wanted them without having to look at the price tag. Seriously over 3 dollars every time I wanted a soda??

The food started to be repetitive towards the end. The buffet started and ended with Prime Rib! Cagney's for specialty dining was an excellent choice! Get your reservations in early, before you even cruise! Restaurants and times we wanted were booked up - and that was two weeks before we even got on the ship. The two times we tried the included restaurants (Taste and Manhattan Room) we were mostly disappointed. The food was just above buffet grade with less variety.

I think the service was quite a bit better than last year, I never saw our room steward - and that is a great thing! The room was always in great shape, clean and ready for us. I might have snagged a few extra towels from an unattended cart now and again - but even those were very clean, large and soft.

If you order the water before hand - order the 12 bottle package max - I made the mistake of ordering the 24 bottle package and that was just too much.

The 15th level of the front of the ship was an observation lounge - that was one of the great highlights of the trip. It had comfy / quiet places to sit, had it's own bar and food items (borrowed from the buffet). There was no ice cream in the observation lounge, but the buffet was right up stairs and no issues taking food from the buffet down one level. This is a great place to play some cards, Phase 10 or even Yahtzee (we rolled the dice on a cloth napkin to lessen the noise).

All in, it was a great trip. I would have been able to spend another week aboard with no problems what so ever, regardless the destination.

It was so easy getting on and off - my mother is confined to a wheel chair - we took advantage of that getting on and off the ship.

I would like to try Royal - something on the Oasis class next.

SKoniar's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 13786

The room was great - I had an ocean view suite; plenty clean big enough with that great shower with plenty of water and pressure. If I have a gripe with NCL over Princess - the programming on the TV in the room was less than desirable. We loaded up an iPad with downloaded content from Dish and Showtime (learned our lesson last year), that worked out well for us. It was also nice to listen to music from the iPad while we getting ready for activities.

SKoniar