Carnival Valor Cruise Review
1,581 Reviews

Had a fun and exciting first cruise.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by vtovar

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

I chose this cruise first because I found a really good deal on it and the second this is it was close enough to home we could drive. My husband and I had a lot of fun, we did have a few hiccups along the way but nothing that caused our vacation to be ruined.

Traveling this trip was only my husband and myself, we were on Carnivals Valor. Our embarkationwas very smooth, We arrived at the pear walked right onto the ship with no waiting what ao ever. I had my first drink in hand within the first 10 minutes of being on board. The lunch buffet was ready and everything was perfect.

One thing is the Valor is in need of a face lift. It is an older ship and you can tell. From what I've heard she is going to go into dry dock for renovations and a name change but that's still a little ways away.

The first night we had reservations for scarlets steak house. We received a free bottle of wine for going the first night. The food was phenomenal. Sooo good. And since we were celebrating our anniversary they gave us an extra tiramisu dessert and 2 free glasses of champagne.

Breakfast in the mdr on the other hand was a little disappointing for me. At my table after everyone had ordered their breakfast and when the food started being passed out everyone's orders were given to them as a complete order, but mine... my potatoes were missing from my plate and the bacon I had ordered was missing as well. By the time I received my full order half the people were nearly done eating and my eggs were cold. So needless to say we had the buffet for breakfast the rest of the trip.

The ports we visited were cozumel and progreso, both were fun, but we enjoyed cozumel better, Mr Sanchos in particular. We chose not to take a taxi like everyone had said, we rented a scooter and did a little shopping and sightseeing before we went to the resort. We enjoyed the scooter a lot, we probably payed $10 more for the scooter than a taxi to Mr Sanchos and back, plus we got the extra memories too!

Disembarkation was rather interesting. When we arrived back to the port to dock, the port was closed to boat traffic, due to fog. We were supposed to disembark at 8:15 but wasnt able to until around 11:15 or so it may have been a little earlier but we wasnt worried in the slightest, we drove in so we were good with whatever time we got back.

Over all, we will be cruiseing again, we aren't quite "hooked" or addicted yet but maybe after another cruise.

vtovar's Full Rating Summary

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 1290

Cabin was small but nice a cozy. Just big enough for the two of us.

Galveston

We always enjoy Galveston. It was the first weekend of Mardi Gras when we embarked. It was nice seeing the decorations throughout the city.

Cozumel

We went to Mr. Sanchos for their all Inclusive day resort. Nothing like time for relaxing on the beach and free drinks.

Beach

We rode the free shuttle to the bus stop and had to wait over an hour for our tour to begin. We were able to get some shopping in while we waited. Then we took a 15-20 min ride to the Teqnotel and those who wanted to see the myan ruins could stay on the bus. We wanted to see the ruins. so on the 15 minute route to see these ruins we stopped at a salt flat where my husband and I discovered we did not have our camera. We asked the tour guide, Mario Lopez, if there was anything we could do. He called his supervisor and he went to check with all the shops to see where or if we had left the camera there. We were only at the ruins for 30 minutes and within that time they were quite sure they found our camera. And we got confirmation they had found it by the time we got back to the teqnotel. Awsome work by this great team. We got the camera back when we got back to the port. At the end of the day.

Progreso

Very small ruins, but it was nice. Interesting to see.

vtovar