3. MSC Musica
These people's embarkation and disembarkation process is NIGHTMARE. By the time you get on the ship you are dehydrated, exhausted, confused and disoriented and you 're bombarded by people selling packages. Non stop and just overehelming. When you get on you have to wait til 1.30pm for your room and up to 7pm for your bag. Then when you get off the ship they line your bags up just after you walk off the ship. So they are not doing you any favours by taking your bag the night before. Tip: take your own bags. On top of this we were first group to be told to get off and last ones to get our bags. And they tell us our tags may have fallen off (us and 50 others). Our tags were very much still on the bags when they were eventually offloaded. They are just incompetent. Food at the buffet was never enough. Tip: if you're not doing the dining then go to buffet early. We had one decent meal on the trip which was on the first night. Water is not complementary as they make you believe. No water in room. You are assigned to eat in the dining area where they serve you food and you pay for drinks. At the buffet they have 2 dispensers which people flog. TWO dispensers on the ship for 2500 guests. wow. By the way they close the dispensers at 10pm. So pay for a drink or die... they charge $20 for a photo on board. I wasn't going to pay that for a photo of me hot and sweaty after 3 hours in their boarding queues. Cabin was spacious. We had a balcony view which was wonderful. Shower had great pressure. Tip: No lotion or conditioner or vanity kit provided in room. Excursions off shore were worth visiting but queues to get back on board were crazy. Also the food gets finished really fast there too. And noone cares if you ate or not. Tip: go early. Leave early. Tip: take rands for the islands. The souvenirs are cheap and nice. Tip: Eat on time. The entertainment staff were AMAZING and so good. Really that was 10 out of 10. The other staff probably need to be treates better so they can be nicer to people. I witnessed many rude interactions where thy ignored a guest in need and I stepped in to help them instead. Especially at the buffet area. We had a waiter at our dining table who was very unfriendly. I think his name was Wilfred from St Vincent. Pools very overcrowded and smell so bad. They lock the bar fridge the day before you leave. This didnt make sense to me at all. It was the only day we didnt go offshore so people were around in their rooms, hot, thirsty, so why lock the bar fridge? Don't they want to make money. Definitely buy drink vouchers. Even if you dont buy it before u board, you can buy it on the ship. Vouchers save you paying 15% tip every time you order a drink.

No organization!!!

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Sana313

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Africa

The entertainment staff were AMAZING and so good.

Really that was 10 out of 10.

Pools very overcrowded and smell so bad.

Sana313’s Full Rating Summary