3. Liberty of the Seas
If you've ever taken a cruise you know that once you've done so your pretty much hooked, if you've had a good experience, which was the case with me. After my first cruise I was so excited to talk my mother and 3 sisters into taking a cruise with me, I looked and looked and finally settled on Royal Caribbean, they seemed to have a lot to offer the younger crowd and my 2 teen nephews were coming with. I booked With one of their agents, we booked a 2 bedroom grand suite (don't let the name fool you). After booking I made multiple attempts to get more information about our perks from the agent, all calls and emails went unanswered, she had the sale and was done with me. So so so, customer service (again don't let the name fool you) answered some questions and some wrong information, was told by several people that one of our perks was free internet for all of my guests, that's only on the Oasis Class. Okay so embarkation day, cluster of epic proportions. Priority Boarding you say, NOT, wheel chair assistance?? Umm Nope, dump your luggage on the curb, search for a porter and beg to have them take your luggage, herd into the building and go sit in the corner and wait for them to get a chair and assistant to finally take you up. And literally that is where you are left right at the ship's deck. Okay, to the Suite, stained sofa, substandard beds and minimal pillows, I've had better beds at a motel 6, not even an exaggeration. Deciding to try to relax and not allow this cruise line to further ruin a vacation that I planned for months with my mother and sisters to reconnect and have some great memories with our aging mother we set out to explore the ship, this is how we discover our luggage sitting down the hall outside someone else's door, now we're lugging all of our luggage down the hall ourselves. Again im trying not to lose it so I don't upset mom or let my sisters know that i'm incredibly disappointed. So we go to the buffet, holy garbage batman! Poorly seasoned, cold, tasteless food, a complete disorganized disaster, because of this we choose to just have room service not even attempt the main dining room. The Suite Lounge furniture was nearly threadbare in some spots. The crew for the most actually seemed to care about our experience, the cruise line not so much. Bottom line is I spent over $10K to get substandard service and a stained dirty run down suite, the cruise with my family was supposed to be my treat for them and me and it was ruined. I know it's about the time together, however when you count on getting the things you paid for so that it would be an amazing experience it's very difficult not to be upset, I literally cried. I'll never go back with Royal Caribbean, in a lesser accommodation booking with Celebrity we recieved so much more. If you're looking for a vacation cruise that won't disappoint look elsewhere please. Happy cruising

Look Elsewhere