3. Serenade of the Seas
First 11 night cruise. I was surprised at the number of scooters in use, as well as walkers and wheelchairs. Most of the users were very polite and also friendly but as usual there were a couple that were not very polite. The dinner in the main dining room was not up to RCCL par. My wife wouldn't eat any of the meat dishes, after trying one, and on two nights she had ceasar's salad with chicken for dinner. I found shrimp pasta dish t be very bland and an assistant maitre de actually remade the dish with more shrimp and spices the following night. It was superb. I also found fault with the tiger shrimp. Although it was served with French Service the size was more like regular shrimp than prawns. The dish was served to me twice. The onion soup on this ship was not salty and very very good. One of the other people on my table had it every night of the cruise. One dinner had a milk allergy, and two had shellfish allergies. This made it a little difficult but during an 11 night cruise, and with forewarning, the waiters should have been able to handle that. The schooners bar had the best staff of any RCCL ship. Both Ivana and George were funny and friendly and got to know the regulars, all diamond or above members, that preferred it to the diamond lounge. Chops grill was very good. It was fun that we ran into so many couples we had met on other parts of the ship during dinner. The free drinks for diamond members could be better arranged because if you had a later seating, 8pm, you had to bring drinks into the dinning room as it was too late when dinner started. Don't miss the train ride on St Kitts. It is a pity Grenada landing was on a Sunday. A lot closed. Breakfast in the windjammer was well run. Omelets to order was very well controlled. I was surprised that lox was available every day. But the machine that cut the bagels has to be adjusted as it was very one sided. One size thick and one very thin. Also cream cheese needed to be kept cooler. But consider the age of the passengers, everyone was very friendly and conversations could be started at any table you sat at. Everyone washed their hands going into the windjammer or any eating facility. Without being asked. The ice cream machines were only used one at a time. But the ice cream was cold, as it should be, Yummy. Followed health advice and used plates and spoons rather than cones. operated the handle with a napkin. As was expected, on a sea day, people consistently saved chairs. The company that invented the towel clothing pin should be very wealthy, towels were held by these pins. We learned, on a sea day, to also use them to go into lunch or get a snack. The shows were were interested in; beatles, love and marriage, we went to. Others were quickly visited or skipped. We were annoyed that the new key , held seats that were empty till the show began. Another way of ripping off even diamond members. It is a new attempt to raise fares without seeming to do it. Very annoying. With all the extra costs now being attempted it is almost better to go to an up grade cruise line, even celebrity, where some of these things are included or normally better.

Friendly people didn't make up for subpar dinners

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Bobby220

Bobby220’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 1040
A nice room. The main issue I had with the room is a severe shortage of outlets. I swapped out devices to be able to charge everything. But if I needed an outlet for a cpac machine I would have been out of luck. One of the outlets on the desk I had to use for the coffee pot which i moved from another location to get an outlet. I was also surprised that the chairs on the balcony didn't have footstools. There was sufficient room for relining chairs on this size balcony.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins