3. Norwegian Gem
I chose this cruise due to the itinerary from NY. I loved St Kitts, Anguilla, and St. Thomas/St. Johns. I could have passed on St. Lucia and San Juan. I would have preferred 4 full days at port rather than 3 full days and 2 half-days. Sadly, we had to tender at St. Lucia which reduced a full day to a half-day..no fault of NCL. Cabin: Selected Obstructed view due to value. I do not recommend! I wanted to keep the curtain open, but lights on the boat outside my room were on all night. The room was bigger than an inside, but for the price I would have selected an inside. Dining: Food in the dining room was good. LeBistro was excellent. Cagneys and Moderno are worth the visit. Breakfast at the buffet was great. Plenty of seating at buffet. shore. Problems: We had problems with shore excursions, dining reservations, and cruisenext. The shore excursion was cut from 4.5 hours to 2.5 hours with 2 hour waiting time at dock. NCL refunded 40%. Acceptable. One of our dining reservations was on the NCL system, but not ship system. We were not able to be accommodated in the restaurant or time of choice, but happy with the result. Sadly, I felt like I was at a car lot when meeting with the cruisenext manager and did not book my next cruise while on board. Value: I did not use the "free at sea" benefits, but paid the service charges. If I had been able to book onboard, I would be sailing NCL again, but I am not sure when I will book NCL again. I cruise about 3 times every 2 years.

10 Day Caribbean

delmarnewyork’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8070
no view...light on boat all night..
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins