3. Celebrity Silhouette
Absolute lack of accountability!!!!! More than 60 hours on the phone to celebrity even before our cruise..over 40 of those hours were on hold! most times, wait to talk to one person and get put back on hold while you are transferred to someone else. When the price of our cabin/cruise dropped, went through 3 transfers before finally getting a representative that said she would not give our refund, but would get onboard credit for the difference..just had to be approved by her support team..but they were all in a meeting. She promised they would call back as soon as they were done. But a week later, and still no call! So, we had to call again, and got put on hold...again..and had to explain everything ..again..and got put on hold.. Again.. Finally told that the difference was now an onboard credit. And, for the inconvenience, we would get free specialty dining and told to make our selection/reserva tion riight away as it filled up fast. But, as soon as we did, our account was charged! So, we called back..again.. And got put on hold...again!!! Now we were told that it is up to the ship if they will honor the voucher we were getting..we'd have to ask (beg) when we actually boarded! No thank you..please just cancel we said. But they REFUSED! She said she could't do that! So we requested a supervisor..who again REFUSED!! Again told she would not do that! I can't make this up folks..out of the twilight zone!!! When we called back the next day, again put on hold..then again explained everything all over again! Then this agent put us on hold..again..while she explained it all to someone in another department..but we were not allowed to talk to him! When she finally came back on the line..over 20 minutes later, she asked when we had initially called, and put us back on hold..again! This went on for over an hour, and finally male supervisor got on the line..said he would cancel the reservations, and restore the funds to our account, and send our boarding passes..that had been promised weeks before. But, of course, those funds were not restored, and no boarding passes either. So, we had to call..again... and got put on hold..again! It took 3 more transfers to finally get someone to put the money back in our account..and still no boarding passes. Now just a week before our cruise, we called again.. And the recording said the wait time was less than 5 minutes. It was over 40 minutes later that a male finally answered..yes, he could see in the notes that they were supposed to have sent boarding passes, but no, they weren't sent. He promised to send them right out. but when they still didn't arrive, now 4 days before our cruise, we are in panic. We called..again. and, got put on hold..again. Over an hour later, their agent admonished that we were too late now!!!! Then she chewed that we didn't need boarding passes,,she never uses them! (Absolutely going against all of our previous directions! ) Who do you believe? Who at celebrity even knows? Such a mess, and so many different stories! Nobody is accountable! The day of the cruise, had to get up by 2 am to make escot connection for Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale. But the bus was not allowed to stop in any of the empty spaces in front of the terminal. Instead we were sent all the way around the side of this large building to a back corner and dumped in an alley! Ankle deep street water in the middle of a thunderstorm! And that is where our luggage was offloaded as well. Absolutely no protection, covering, canopy, tent, or even tarp! Buses, taxi cabs, cars, trucks speeding by within inches of where we had to step off the bus! It was over 100 ft back to the (only) terminal entrance..our clothes, shoes, bags, everything absolutely soaked! And now we had to go to several counters because computers were down, and we had no boarding passes!!!! At lunch on our 4th day, a bone in the chicken salad cut my mouth open, as witnessed by the maitr'd ..who got a plate to take the bone to the chef..and napkin for the bleeding. The very next day..the lamb pot pie had an even bigger very sharp bone that lodged in my gums and front teeth. it took a lot to even finally pry it out..again same maitr'd was right there and got a plate to take the bone to the chef..and napkins for the bleeding..but there was no dentist on board..just a doctor. When i got back home to my dentist, xrays prove my front tooth is chipped! On our next to last day, i was out on the veranda enjoying the morning view. It had rained, and was windy. As i was sitting at the little table, something hit me in the head! It was a piece from the big pipe at the top corner! i went to lay down right away, and told the cabin stewards when they came. Also told the supervisor that was just outside our cabin. At our last port, my cabin mate lost his (plastic) room key, so we waited at guest relations to get another one. But then mine didn't work. So I had to go back and forth, up and down to guest relations three more times. The last time i was told that whatever I was doing, if it didn't work that time, i'd have to get an electrician! On our last evening, we put our luggage outside our cabin door, exactly as we were told to do, for their porters to transport to the terminal. But the next morning when we got to the terminal, my big suitcase (part of a set) had been destroyed! The bottom was ripped open, all the way through all materials and into the clothes! The entire mounting/wheel assembly and the wheel were completely missing. Gone! There was no staff to be seen. Completely unable to roll the suitcase, it had to be carried. i asked the uniformed staff at the end of the line (where everyone was) what to do, and was told to (later) call celebrity! When we got outside, and had to wait for the bus again, we had to cross the street, still carrying that huge suitcase without wheels! An hour and a half later, two buses showed up. we went to the first one, and were told that we had to go to the other bus. After we got the rest of the suitcases and bags..and went back for the other big suitcase that had to be carried (sans wheel) and finally got on the bus ourselves..another agent came on and told us all we had to get back off!!!! There was another bus coming for us but it was delayed! Again, dragged all the bags and suitcases, And the one without wheels, back across the street again! another bus showed up eventually..and we finally got all of the bags and suitcases and the one without wheel, loaded..and got on board ourselves..finally! but the bus had so many other piers/docks to stop, we got further and further behind! we were about 3 hours behind schedule when we finally left Ft. Lauderdale. Our driver called to let his dispatcher know that he would not be able to complete our trip as he would run over the 10 hour maximum driving time -federal law. So, another driver was sent, but we had to stop and wait for him to show up. We ended up hitting rush hour traffic. It was after dark when we finally got back to our drop off, and then another 2 hour drive home! Kicked out of our cabin so early so rooms can be cleaned for the next passengers, it made a terribly long and exhausting day! but, bright and early, as directed, i called celebrity to make the report... and got put on hold. again. After more transfers, an agrnt took all of the details, and she had me send the pictures right away. i kept sending emails to confirm that she had recieved everything..latervin the day, she finally emailed back that yes she had. and we waited. Finally, almost a week later, she asked me who else i told about the suitcase that was destroyed..and about the bones in the food, and the falling debris on the verandah..etc. She then had the audacity to tell me that i should have asked somebody else at the terminal! There was nobody else, and no signs for direction either! Further, I didn't get killed by the pipe..it was just the coating! it still caused bruising and it hurt, and scared the heck out of me! NO, NO, NO...absolutely NO accountability!!! then she said that as a good will jesture, she was prepared to give me a $50 on board credit on a future cruise! so maybe next time they could kill me..or at least blind me with flying debris! HOW INSULTING! Thinking maybe higher ups didn't know of this shameful conduct, I wrote a detailed letter to c.e.o. Over 2 weeks later, same agent called/left a message that she had JUST received the pictures she already acknowledged she had received the month before. she said i should call her so we could discuss the matters. But, each time i called, and got put on hold..again..she was not available! She finally messaged that she had changed hours, and she would be in her office/available for the rest of the day..to 9 pm. But when i called just after 5, the young male that finally answered said she was not there! He even said that she was supposed to be there, schudiled to be there, but she wasn't!!! ENOUGH! Absolutely no accountability!!!! i did send a follow up letter to c.e.o. . just over a week later, i received a call from the executive office.. previous agent was no longer on the case. now told that the debris/material that fell on me was not the pipe itself, and there was a doctor for my tooth... So they would only do the $50 for destroying the suitcase! (not even anything for the clothes..to say nothing of the inconveniences!!!!) our first celebrity cruise was our last!!! to think we waited and dreamed all these years.. We finally got to retire, and everything was just ruined by celebrity. People who refused to do their jobs!! people who lied to us, and people who put our lives at risk! why we saw MEDICAL EXAMINER van at our pier! we did one..and done! Never, NEVerrrrr, NEVER again!!!!!!! PS; have to put one star to submit the review..but it should be ZERO!

NEVER, never, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Glindalailah11

Glindalailah11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C 8193
Cabin steward tried to be very helpful and friendly.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins